• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#21 TJK

TJK

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:51 PM

Here in Chile we are not allowed to carry guns, so I always leave the house with a least 1 knife (usually 2 or 3).If I expect visiting shady neighbourhoods, or during complicated days of the year (3 or 4 days a year), I also carry a Sabre Red canister.Not much more I can do, as I want to stay legal.

#22 Josh

Josh

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:06 AM

at home i always have my xd (its a nine, but i will shoot someone atleast 9 times if i have to defend myself or loved ones), and a benchmade.work i have the standard eagle socom hockey bag full of goodies, m4 ect. ect.

#23 Jackel

Jackel

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

What I carry depends on what I have to do.  Like tomorrow I have to drive over the mountain to San Diego.  That means I will have my custom 1911 from Springfield Armory.  I had them build me a strap with an officers size aluminum receiver and a commander length slide (from Caspian Arms).  It is light reliable and highly concealable.  I also have a wicked sharp neck knife and an assortment of Benchmade folders on hand at all times.  For a regular day at work, still have the knives, but usually just carry my S&W 440 revolver, which is super light and easy to conceal.  Of course I always have several Surefire flashlights near by.  Oh yea, and chapstick, you always have to have chapstick in the frickin desert! Jackel

#24 chuck1

chuck1

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:36 AM

I guess im a little old fashion... i carry a Taurus UltraLite .38 with Hornaday Self Defense +p loads. Knife is a Gerber Prodigy

#25 AF22Raptor

AF22Raptor

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:29 PM

Depending on how the weather is here in FL I will dress accordinling and will carry the following one firearms one blade:Glock 22 40SW with 3 mags 13rds per since I dont like to fully compress the springs loaded with Speer Gold Dot 155gr JHPs +P in Galco Combat Master and double mag pouch.5.11 Tactical Instructor or Operator Belt or Leather Tactical belt Springfield Custom Shop Tuned Loaded Model 1911 with 3 Wilson Combat 47D 8rd Mags loaded with Wincherster Black Talon 230gr JHP +P in Hillman Kydex or Springfield Leather holser with Armor Side Mag holdersCold Steel Recon-1 Clip Point bladeOntario RAT-1 BladeMOD Pointman Auto BladeSmith and Wesson Tactical PenMotorola ZN4 cell phoneBlackhawk Nylon WalletSurefire G2 with CREE R2 290 Lumen LED unit and pain complaint head in Blackhawk CQC Tactical light carrierLaser Device Operative Tactical LightSpringfield Mil-Spec modified by me with all Tool Steel Match internal parts with 3 Wilson Combat 47D mags same ammo as previously stated.Para Cord Survival Bracelet that I made never know when you are going to need 9 feet of 550 para cordYou never know what life has in store so I try to be ready for anything. 

Edited by AF22Raptor, 14 July 2010 - 08:43 PM.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

#26 Srtben

Srtben

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 05:14 PM

Springfield XD sub compact 40sw loaded with 9+1 of hornady 165grain XTP's and a Kershaw Spec Bump.
Ben Tendick     
Available knives here —>>> B.R.T. Bladeworks

#27 Screwby

Screwby

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

My Kimber Raptor in a Bladetech holster, extra mags in Bladetech pouch, my Emerson CQC15, Traser P6500 watch, firesteel lanyard on mykeyring , Oakley Half Jacket eyewear (if it's sunny), and cash cash cash always..cash is king, and cash will most likely buy what I don't havea lot quicker that a card any day...(plus I cut up all my cards anyway).../wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_biggrin.gif

#28 Jackel

Jackel

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:21 PM

Good call on cutting up the cards man!  They make you a slave.

#29 Screwby

Screwby

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Amen Brother...we shed those shackels and haven't looked back...so liberating!! /wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_beer.gif

#30 SweCrow

SweCrow

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:23 AM

mikejulietpapa,   I don't want to highjack the thread, but just one quick question; Where did you get that fancy iPhone "on-the-fly" charger? That's one sweet thing!These are the things I never leave home without:* iPhone* Some kind of folding knife* Multitool (Leatherman)* MagLite Mini* Small First Aid-kit* ICE Ess 3 sunglasses* WalletI need to get some new batteries into my 5.11 HRT Titanium-watch so I can start wearing it again. I left it to some watchmaker downtown and he couldn't find one of the two batteries that needed changing (ie. he only found one, don't ask me how) so it doesn't work properly.

Edited by SweCrow, 19 September 2010 - 11:24 AM.

#31 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:32 AM

Hey SweCrow, actually, I got a better iPhone charger but the one in the pic is this, Duracell Instant USB Charger. The new one I got is the Zagg Sparq 2.0. It costs a little bit more but works amazingly well and can charge two USB devices at once.

#32 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:46 AM

Mike, do you know of a reliable solar charger for iPhone/iPad/etc...?  That ZaggSparq is pretty cool...

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#33 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 21 September 2010 - 02:59 AM

A solar charger? I have yet to find a good one. That might be a great idea for a review! [wheels turning....]Does anyone else know of a good solar charger? Something that we could carry with our EDC whether thats pocket or bag...

#34 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:07 AM

I'm already tired of all the adapters I have to carry when jumping across borders...

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#35 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:55 AM

9chase26 said:

I'm already tired of all the adapters I have to carry when jumping across borders...

Those were the days, I think I have a box full of every power outlet adapter ever made. 
Posted Image

#36 Dozer

Dozer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

XD-45 5" 13rd / spare mag, some times 2 spare magSOG trident Tanto / Gerber -Assist open on bothSabre Red OC spraySreamlight Strion / rechargeable 185 lumenWallet, keys, key fob light cashB.O.B in vehicle Side note , isn't it time to start a movement to allow our soldiers to carry at all times! Especially during these times. We all know the how observant of the laws these shooters are.

#37 FragEvil

FragEvil

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

mikejulietpapa said:

A solar charger? I have yet to find a good one. That might be a great idea for a review! [wheels turning....]Does anyone else know of a good solar charger? Something that we could carry with our EDC whether thats pocket or bag...

In my Sustainment Bag I've got a Solio Classic with iGo tips for every electronic I'll need to re-charge. It's literally a spare battery for everything.It met all my requirements: Solar and USB charge capable, able store a charge for long periods of time, and can be used with a large variety of devices.   
‎"If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." Thomas Paine, The American Crisis, No. 1, December 19, 1776

#38 TacticalCupcake

TacticalCupcake

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:54 AM

it depends on the situation but most days....Droid, Kershaw Junkyard Dog, Gerber Crucial multitool, Innova Bolt flashlight and Taurus pt 24/7....sometimes Coldsteel Inferno Pepperspray in addition or replacing the Taurus.

#39 infidel91

infidel91

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

Always on person:Ruger LCP .380 Extra Mag or G23 .40 Extra MagSure Fire 6pKnife of the day ( don't want to leave anyone out, they tend to get jealous )And whatever best suites that given day... 

#40 Rusty Shacklefert

Rusty Shacklefert

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:19 AM

Typically, on my person: Oakley Flak Jackets, Kersaw (cant remember model) Blackberry tour. Soon as i get my CCW my glock19. In my 4runner which I consider part of my aresenal (3" lift 33" tires, and a slurry of tow straps) Inside my 4run- Folding shovel, atleast 2 flashlights, multi-tool, rapelling gear (ya know just incase) Extra cell phone (motorola i1) 2-3 pairs of gloves, pretty stacked 1st aid kit, random beef jerky, water, gerber camp axe, a small tool kit. Things change with the seasons but for the most part those are always in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users