• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:59 AM

I thought I saw a post about this some time ago but was unable to find it again, does anyone run the Vertx A-Range bag for range/vehicle EDC?

I thought the bag looked spectacular and I may want to get one but boy all the videos I see, the bag looks pretty darned big for my trips to the range.

Anyone have hands-on with this bag for feedback?

Vertx-A-Range-bag-6-600x395.jpg

• JosephFus likes this

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#2 Rotorhead

Rotorhead

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:36 AM

I have one and it is a great "big" bag and I'm still figuring out the best way to use it.

Yes, it is a heavy mother with all my stuff crammed inside. However, I'm going to take out my (9mm -40 cal) ammo and keep them in a separate plastic ammo box. Maybe that will lighten the bag some.

Reminds me of many many moons ago, I bought a Large Ruck for my ALICE frame when the normal issue item was the Medium Ruck. I always ended up the RTO carrying the PRC radio, extra ammo, water and/or other gear.

#3 Rotorhead

Rotorhead

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 9 posts
  • LocationDallas TX

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:38 AM

I didn't answer your Q.

Yes, for a range bag and No, for a vehicle EDC bag. My opinion of course.

The quality of the bag is outstanding. It is not a cheap gun show bag and thus it is kinda expensive. However, recommend it and plan on buying more Vertx stuff in the future. A backpack?

Vertx used to have a smaller B range(?) bag but I don't see it on the website. Maybe it is discontinued.

https://www.wearvert...bags-packs.aspx

FYI, Vertx is a Berkshire Hathaway, ie Warren Buffet company.

#4 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:46 AM

According to Vertx, the B Range bag will be released next month I believe. 

SSD posted a good round up of the next bag release from Vertx: http://soldiersystem...shot-show-2015/

89BccLb.png

#5 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 July 2015 - 08:11 AM

Nice, good information.

It does look big, and big means I'll pack more stuff in there, whether I need it or not.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#6 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:48 PM

I end up swapping from one range bag to another.  For Precision rifle its en Eberlestock Operator II (I think that's the model).  For carbine/pistol etc it tends to be either a smaller LA Police gear bag that they gave out as a freebie with large orders a while back but is tough as nails or a maxpedition bag as usually the ammo for rifles pistols etc gets brought along in separate ammo cans or pre-loaded into mags stashed in mag pouches. 

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#7 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:33 AM

I believe this is the post you speak of...

http://itstactical.c...ur-bag/?p=31913

The A-Range bag is big.  It works for me though. I don't just keep my range gear in there, I keep a full complement of cleaning supplies in there as well.  There are plenty of times when our team will clean firearms on-site after training, so I keep that stuff with me.  You're completely right about finding more things to fill up the space though- my bag is completely full and weighs a metric shit-ton when it's full of ammo.  But I'm a bit of a pack-heavy gear whore at this point, and I've never considered a range bag to be a low-drag, highspeed piece of kit in the first place.  So I'm embracing it.

Edited by SwatDawg335, 07 July 2015 - 05:38 AM.

NoTMZyB.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users