• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 DEAHEAT

DEAHEAT

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:30 PM

The need is there. Next door agency recently had an OIS. They carry kimber 1911s. He chased a guy over a fence. When he landed, the guy shot at him. Officer returned fire. 1911 broke on the 3rd round. How, I'm not sure. Thankfully he hit true, but he didn't have a backup officer yet, or a backup gun. Not a good situation.

Lots of other stories where a BUG did or could have saved the day. It's not likely you'll ever even have to fire your primary, but we still carry them. A BUG may be preparing for an unlikely thing to happen within another unlikely thing to happen, but if it does, wouldn't want to be caught without it.

I trust my M&P with my life, has upgraded extractor and other goodies. I wonder what 1911 he was running....

Extractor sheared off?

#22 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:43 AM

I think a broken takedown pin. Slide came off

#23 AG_ARMY

AG_ARMY

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCAlifornia

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:22 AM

Agreed. My dept issues G22 and I carry a G27 as my BUG. I have a trigger guard holster modified with Velcro. attached inside my vest weak side. I never cared for ankle carry. I have ran and fought with BG's and it has never moved. easy on and off at the jails. My off duty gun is a G19 and 2 spare G17 mags. also a tourniquet, folding knife and a light. depending on where I go maybe my G26 as a BUG.

side note: I have had to draw my G27 because my G22 slide was stuck out of battery after eating shit rolling off a wall. I managed to crack the holster and it was just a mess. the guys at work wont let me live it down. our armorer wasn't very happy either.

#24 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:24 AM

What kind of holster for the G22?

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users