Photo

What's going on in the artical comments?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

Team,

I've been reading the front page articles, and while I don't usually pay attention to the comments I've noticed something that I don't understand. What is with the commenters posting peoples names in the comments? it only seems to be in certain articles and it also seems to be from mostly Facebook users. I'm usually up on the latest internet trick, but this one makes no sense.

VR

• Howardnuth, MableCali, CharlesSwen and 1 other like this
Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

#2 druid628

druid628

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBNA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:55 AM

They're where people have commented on the FB post tagging friends so they will go look at said article. Personally, I find it annoying (and lazy) when people do that. 

• CharlesSwen likes this

#3 druid628

druid628

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBNA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:58 AM

Follow-up

Example:

The article: http://www.itstactic...an-do-about-it/ has the comments from the FB post, https://www.facebook...53381103974158. It looks like comment where people are just tagging people were removed from the FB post but the Wordpress plugin they're using on the site it probably consumes the FB comments and caches or adds them to the WP db.

#4 redsol1

redsol1

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 480 posts
  • LocationShenandoa Valley Virginia

Posted 12 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

ok, that makes sense, and like everything else on Facebook, is totally annoying.

La'

• mangeface and DieselD like this
Step 1: Unfuck your gear Step 2: Unfuck your buddy Step 3: Unfuck yourself In that order.
— 3 Steps to Being a Team Player (Via Redteams.net)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users