Alaska Militia Gathering........TALKEETNA

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sourdough

Sourdough

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 337 posts
  • LocationOn a Mountain, at the end of a logging trail, next too the creek, in a shack, on the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska

Posted 14 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

Are there very many of these type events around America....???

Any thoughts you may have........positive or negative........on this type event.......???

http://www.adn.com/a...unk-stereotypes

• MableCali likes this

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:39 PM

Eh, I haven't heard about anything like this in Oklahoma. I'm sure Texas has something like that. I've seen a documentary on an event like this that was up in Michigan.

As far as my thoughts, just depends on the circumstances of training. I personally would like to see the militias here in Oklahoma aim more towards disaster response than trying to fight the government or a foreign invader. I do get the point of the latter, as that's essentially the mission of a militia, but if the ones here did some sort of documentary or story with a local news station about disaster response, search and rescue, things that local municipalities would be happy to call them up and ask for help in a time of need, I would be more interested in joining them. But as far as I see, most here are just geared towards fighting the US government which is why I cut ties with them years ago. The last time I associated with one and attended a meeting was having a class on how to disable MRAPs (and how many countries widely use MRAPs).

Edited by mangeface, 14 June 2015 - 04:41 PM.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 14 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

I read the article. I like what they're trying to do as far as distancing themselves from the anti government type movements.

Unfortunately, I doubt most of the public will get it. And I doubt there are too many groups like that around the US. None that I can find in Ca. Seems they're all anti something or other.

#4 davebass

davebass

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 45 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 June 2015 - 07:30 AM

Not sure about everywhere else but Florida has a law that prevents this kind of training. However there are great training classes for survival and self-defense that push the envelope.  One example is Trident Fitness Tactical’s Full Spectrum Warrior Training, great teaching by some of the best teachers you would ever meet.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users