#21 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 02 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

Grr... Can't edit from my phone.

The point of the locks is to prevent anyone from accessing your gun without you there, including TSA.
  • SacRyan likes this

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#22 Boyd_Crowder

Boyd_Crowder

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 03:08 PM

I fly all the time and take my pistol everywhere I go and often my AR.  I've never had a problem.  I usually fly Alaska, Delta, or United.  It's too bad you all have had such trouble.  I have never been hassled as long as I make sure I'm following TSA regs.  

I think the best idea is to do what SacRyan recommends.  Lock it up inside an already locked box and you'll have zero problems.  Just be ready for girls behind the counter to get all skittish when you mention guns and allow yourself a little more time at check in.  

#23 gunnerjacky

gunnerjacky

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 09 October 2015 - 02:29 AM

Last day I flew with my A-60 semi-automatic pistol to a Restautant with my wife. People who were sitting around me seemed very fascinated on seeing my black shining gun as I put it on the table. Then I realised it was not a proper etiquette. :tongue:

#24 gunnerjacky

gunnerjacky

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:49 PM

If a person with gun and ammo follows rules outlined by the Transportation Security Administration he could carry the firearms with him when he travels by air.

Edited by gunnerjacky, 21 August 2016 - 11:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TSA, United airlines, Baggage, Firearm, Airport, Airplane, Flying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users