#1 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:22 PM

Hey guys,

So I'm on the hunt for the perfect undershirt to wear under my vest. I've been using the knock off Under Armour type shirts from Target and Walmart, and while they work well, the collar sags and looks like crap after not even a month of use. I bought 1 shirt for every day at work, so each shirt has only been worn a few times.

Any suggestions as to shirts whose collars don't sag? It's a huge pet peeve of mine and having to readjust my shirt's collar so I don't look like a soup sandwich prior to getting out of my car is getting really old.

Thanks!

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#2 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

Oh how the Marine Corps ruins you. I remember this handly little device we used in boot camp. You know, safety pins.  rofl

• hrddrv likes this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#3 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:31 PM

Is it just me, or did underarmor stop making their compression under shirts?? All I can find local is their loose fit stuff. That's all I wear under my vests, all I can wear really. Anything loose seems to get bunched up and cause a rash. Some of my shirts have really seen better days
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#4 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:47 PM

Is it just me, or did underarmor stop making their compression under shirts?? All I can find local is their loose fit stuff. That's all I wear under my vests, all I can wear really. Anything loose seems to get bunched up and cause a rash. Some of my shirts have really seen better days

According to the internet, they still make their compression shirts. I'm off to find different brands of shirt locally to see if any different brands work.

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#5 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

I wore UnderArmour compression fit.  The collars never sagged.  I think 5.11 make some interesting ribbed shirts that a colleague used. 

CrewLeaderSignature.png‚Äč

#6 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

might check into https://www.tommyjohn.com/ - crazy expensive but i've heard pretty good things... I myself havent tried them yet but its on my radar as things are starting to wear out

#7 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:19 AM

I've been using under armour brand compression shirts. Love them, and 10% off on their web page.

I have a 5.11 compression shirt with mesh arm pits. I wasn't a fan. More seams and the mesh gets scratchy.

I don't know if it would have any effect on the collar, but i use an external vest carrier

#8 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:51 AM

Are you running 3 layers (undershirt, vest, overshirt)? If you are just wear undershirt and vest something like a combat shirt might be an option. The propper is nice because you can get it on promotive however they have the little thumb loop inner sleeves that cover like half your hand I just cut them off on mine but something to keep in mind. I am not sure if these would work for you but they are designed to work under vests and tend to have stiffer collars so less bacon neck. 

http://tacticalgear....m_term=tru-spec

http://www.galls.com...2042&PMSRCH=bdu

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#9 Stoner

Stoner

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNE Ohio

Posted 01 July 2015 - 11:23 AM

If your looking for comfort, you won't find it. The best or least uncomfortable option I have found, is in an exterior vest cover, if your agency allows them. I seem to be in the minority, but hate wearing a compression shirt under my vest. Putting a vest over a compression shirt doesn't allow the compression shirt to do what it's designed to do. If the shirt can't get air, it just traps the heat and moisture. That's why after trying everything to wear, I ended up going back to a cotton t-shirt. Exterior vests are the absolute best option though.

#10 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 01 July 2015 - 01:05 PM

We wear the outer carrier that looks like a uniform shirt, and man, I hate that thing! I swear I got hotter wearing that thing. Maybe it was because I had to wear an elbeco uniform shirt under the actual vest but I went back to my concealable carrier. Even when it 115 I felt cooler wearing that.
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#11 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:49 PM

I like the external uniform looking carrier because i can wear suspenders on the duty belt, i don't have to swap my pens, badge, nameplate, notepad, earpiece/mic wiring, and everything else in shirt pockets over every day, and if I've got a long report to do in the pd, i can take my vest off for a bit. It's worth it.

#12 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:45 PM

We wear the outer carrier that looks like a uniform shirt, and man, I hate that thing! I swear I got hotter wearing that thing. Maybe it was because I had to wear an elbeco uniform shirt under the actual vest but I went back to my concealable carrier. Even when it 115 I felt cooler wearing that.

If thats the case I would seriously check out the 'combat shirt' style they run the thin material on your chest where the vest rides but most of them have some form of collar that will keep the vest from irritating your neck plus they have more durable arms with pockets that are actually relatively useful. 

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users