21 replies to this topic

#21 hrddrv

hrddrv

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 75 posts
  • LocationArcher, Fl

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

What's the news about a 9-year-old girl who killed her instructor with an Uzi? O_O Is that a news fake or real? Does anybody know about the real story? Check out this video

Unfortunately it is real. There was a discussion on here about it I believe. It happened a little over a year ago in Nevada I believe. Personally the instructor did not have control of the gun and you can tell she had never shot before. She should have never been firing that gun. Unfortunately now the whole family is very anti-gun and all because the parents probably forced them to do this.

#22 BrianTX

BrianTX

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:36 PM

I don't have any child development science to back me up but the NRA curriculum, and as it seems, common consensus puts the age for beginning to shoot at approximately 6 years of age.  I've got younger kids and friends with younger kids.  When asked this question 6 years old is my response.  Some kids are more mature or less mature, some have better or worse dexterity, etc.  All up to parent discretion I think, but 6 seems pretty fitting. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users