17 replies to this topic

#1 x2humbucker

x2humbucker

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

I'm in the market for a new pair of duty boots.  I'm approaching the end of one year on my Rocky Alpha Force boots.  A few months ago, the Gore-Tex lining began to tear out along the heel and today, I discovered the sole is beginning to seperate from the rest of the boot.

I'm not too concerned about price because these are en everyday boot, but I don't want to shole out money for a pair of Nicks or Whites boots quite yet.

What boots do you wear/recommend?

#2 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:56 PM

I'm a big fan of both Danners and Corcorans. With Danners, you can send them in periodically to get refurbished. Several different packages to pick from. The highest package, is about half what it'd cost for a new pair, and you end up with basically a new pair that's already broken in.

I prefer 10 inch uppers, so I use Danner Ft Lewis model.
  • CalicoJack and DieselD like this

#3 shimy3

shimy3

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 47 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:38 PM

Ive been using the 5.11 atac 6 and have been liking them a lot. Once these get worn, I'll probably end up buying the same duty boot since I like them so much.

Edited by shimy3, 03 August 2015 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

#4 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:59 AM

I have Danners as well and will now swear by them. Been through to many other pairs that wear out to fast and just aren't worth the money you pay

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#5 EMSWxSAR

EMSWxSAR

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 368 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

I love my 5.11 ATAC Storm boots.

its_fl_sar_smaller.png

#6 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:15 PM

I still swear by my 8" waterproof side zip Bellevilles.

#7 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:24 PM

I still swear by my 8" waterproof side zip Bellevilles.

Go bellevilles.  I wouldnt recomend whites or nicks for duty wear they are quite heavy and more designed for line work/firefighting/logging.  I have a set of Sabre IIs from Bellville that are awesome.

• x2humbucker likes this

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#8 NLYE

NLYE

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 67 posts
  • Locationin your rearview

Posted 05 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

Any suggestions for lightweight and cooler duty boots? 

I have the gore tex Bates but they are often way too warm in the summer and make my feet sweat.

I don't have any foot problems, my Bates just make them sweat

vt9QnZk.png

"A Gentleman would not want to appear armed, but would not be so foolish as to go unarmed.

Always be a Gentleman. Alway be courteous. Always be ready to kill everyone in the room."

#9 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 05 August 2015 - 09:06 PM

I have the gore tex Bates but they are often way too warm in the summer and make my feet sweat.

http://www.tacticald...iant=1161360913

Bought my first pair this year and love them.  They've been through 3 GORUCK events so far.  Fully submerged in each event, they ventilate really well.  I will say though that it took my feet longer than expected to get used to them however.  I was getting blisters on the top of the little toe on both feet for quite a while.  I haven't heard of anyone else with this issue though, so it might just be me.  I've got plenty of miles in them now and my feet are conditioned, everything else has been great.

NoTMZyB.png

#10 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

Might seem obvious, but avoid anything goretex.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#11 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

http://www.bellevill...uct_detail&p=98 These are quite light but anything by bellville is awesome its hard to make a recomendation without knowing the specifics of uniform requirements.  For instance Steel toe, composite, suede, polishable, black, brown, etc.

#12 x2humbucker

x2humbucker

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:19 PM

http://www.bellevill...uct_detail&p=98 These are quite light but anything by bellville is awesome its hard to make a recomendation without knowing the specifics of uniform requirements.  For instance Steel toe, composite, suede, polishable, black, brown, etc.

Personally, I am looking for black boots. They don't need a safety toe either. I've been looking at the Belleville's thus far and they seem pretty legit. 

#13 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:41 AM

Personally, I am looking for black boots. They don't need a safety toe either. I've been looking at the Belleville's thus far and they seem pretty legit. 

I have worn multiple pairs of them including my current set of flight boots which I have literally worn through the leather on the toe exposing the safety toe.  They are great boots and who i would recommend I also use a pair of their boots when taking classes or shooting competitions that require running along with shooting. 

#14 jmonaghan175

jmonaghan175

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHatboro, PA

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:49 AM

+1 for Danners. I have two pairs of the Acadias, one of which I had resoled and the leather reconditioned.  They are a bit expensive but they have lasted me a lot longer than the 5.11's and Bates boots I owned.

#15 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

https://www.bellevil...ct_detail&p=118

These are the ones i love. They have a non waterproof version too, but for police duty, you'll want it.

I had to pull a guy attempting to drown himself out of a creek the other day. It was only about 6 inches deep, my feet stayed dry and clean. That was some nasty water. Most summer nights here its 95+ and on the humid side, but when you need WP, you're glad to have it.

#16 FoxRoe

FoxRoe

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

It's a bit different, but Red Wing Iron Ranger boots are a good choice,  can have a new sole put on, and age well.  

But my go to boot for the last 7 deployments has been Asolo Fugitive GTX's. 

Worth every penny. 

#17 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 12:02 PM

Danners.  

There's really no other option. 

CrewLeaderSignature.png‚Äč

#18 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:02 PM

Danners.  

There's really no other option. 

My Danners blew the seam out where the upper meets the sole in 8 months................

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: duty, boots, law enforcement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users