28 replies to this topic

#1 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

So, with HH6's permission, I picked up a G42 as an upgrade to my Ruger LCP last Friday.  Incidentally, it was our 11th anniversary :).  I have not been very receptive to Glocks, but the trigger on the LCP is so awful (along with the wonky two-click reset) that I had to give the G42 a try.  Of course, I was egged on by my very pro-Glock enabler.  He would fit in well here.  

I have been pretty happy with my Crossbreed holsters, but since there's always room for improvement and I'm in the market for a new IWB holster for the Glock, I thought I'd see what other people are carrying their Noisy Crickets in.

• DeathwatchDoc and MableCali like this

While I breathe I shall defend.

#2 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

I don't have the G42, but my Walther PPS and Glock 19 ride in Comptac MTAC holsters that I love very much. Super comfortable for me.

Also... I recently got my first Glock and I am very pleased. The G19 turned out to be a great purchase... but beware of fan boys... the Glock community is full of them. 

• HTEngineer and jvandivere like this

89BccLb.png

#3 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:18 PM

I made a kydex trigger holster like the raven vanguard for my 43. That's how i carry it iwb. On duty as back up its in a vest holster.

A full coverage leather holster for iwb would be most comfortable

#4 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 20 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

Whatcha got against us fanboys Doc? !

Congrats on your purchase

#5 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:17 PM

Whatcha got against us fanboys Doc? !

Congrats on your purchase

I don't believe resistance is futile... Basically I love what works... but I am always open to something that works better. With Glock there were a whole lot of folks willing to drink the koolaid and not communicate the good, bad, and ugly. I just wanted a well informed decision making process with both sides from people who owned one... often they devolved into bashing what I already had instead of discussing the Glock in relationship to other weapons. 

• Geist, DieselD and CrazyD like this

89BccLb.png

#6 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:38 PM

Well geez it seems to me that if you just had a Glock, there'd be no need to bash your gun :-P

#7 CrazyD

CrazyD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAbilene, TX

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:09 AM

I still can't bring myself to buying a Glock haha. Maybe its cause of all the push from glock owners about them being "the only gun you'll ever need". Then again I tend to go against the grain too so when I'm surrounded by glock owners I buy something not glock just to be diferent haha. I guess you could call me a Sig "Fan boy" though its about all I'll own anymore. When I got my latest Sig (P320C) I was actually almost going to put money down on a G26 and my wife looked at me and said "YOUR going to buy a glock?" so I put it down and bought the Sig lol.

I'm currently looking for an IWB holster for the P320C and I'm leaning towards Alien Gear and Green Force Tactical. I have used the G-Code for my 1911 and its a great holster, they just don't offer it for the P320C. I want something that will hold up well, not super expensive and be comfortable as well. I'm also looking for a good OWB holster for winter months when wearing a jacket, since Texas is soon to be Open Carry state it wont have to worry about flashing it when reaching for my wallet or whatever.

Edited by CrazyD, 21 August 2015 - 09:03 AM.

• mysteriousjl likes this

itstactical.png

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his." - George Patton

#8 Rulrofelves

Rulrofelves

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMid-California

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:17 AM

I carry my subcompact XD in the King Tuck IWB holster.  I really like it.  I have also heard good things about G-Code and Alien Gear, but I do not own anything from them.

"We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do
anything with nothing." Unknown

#9 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 22 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

I run my M&P Shield in a rig from G-Code. Love it. very adjustable. easy on easy off. I would imagine it would be about the same for a G42

#10 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

So, with HH6's permission, I picked up a G42 as an upgrade to my Ruger LCP last Friday.  Incidentally, it was our 11th anniversary :).  I have not been very receptive to Glocks, but the trigger on the LCP is so awful (along with the wonky two-click reset) that I had to give the G42 a try.  Of course, I was egged on by my very pro-Glock enabler.  He would fit in well here.  

I have been pretty happy with my Crossbreed holsters, but since there's always room for improvement and I'm in the market for a new IWB holster for the Glock, I thought I'd see what other people are carrying their Noisy Crickets in.

Congrats. They're like rabbits. Once you get a couple of them around each other...watch out. I "believe" my next one will be a G26.

I'm with you on the LCP. I've been carrying one since 2011, and it does have a bizare trigger. I don't really care for the gun. I just like that the LCP fits a front, pants pocket so well.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#11 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:12 PM

I don't have the G42, but my Walther PPS and Glock 19 ride in Comptac MTAC holsters that I love very much. Super comfortable for me.

Also... I recently got my first Glock and I am very pleased. The G19 turned out to be a great purchase... but beware of fan boys... the Glock community is full of them.

I'm envious on the PPS. I've wanted once since they came out, but I've only held two, shot zero, and have never bought one. As much as I want it...I must not want it...? I wear slacks throughout the work week. Concealed carry is almost a nil possiblity these days.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#12 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

PPS shoots well, but I don't really carry it that much... normally the G19 goes with me. 

89BccLb.png

#13 CalicoJack

CalicoJack

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 310 posts
  • LocationInland Northwest

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:16 PM

I ended up getting another CrossBreed since I'm used to them and the price was better than most.  I still haven't shot it yet (a travesty!) but I find it very nice to carry around.  I also had my kydex-savvy buddy make me a little trigger guard clip so I can toss it into the pocket of my shorts to go for a swim.  I like how it feels as well as the real sights.

While I breathe I shall defend.

#14 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 01 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

I ended up getting another CrossBreed since I'm used to them and the price was better than most.  I still haven't shot it yet (a travesty!) but I find it very nice to carry around.  I also had my kydex-savvy buddy make me a little trigger guard clip so I can toss it into the pocket of my shorts to go for a swim.  I like how it feels as well as the real sights.

My G19 has a range date with some 33 round magazines... It will be glorious...

89BccLb.png

#15 Lamex

Lamex

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:02 AM

You should get the baby Glock. Its my favorite Glock gun.

#16 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 29 March 2016 - 07:53 AM

I made a kydex trigger holster like the raven vanguard for my 43. That's how i carry it iwb. On duty as back up its in a vest holster.

A full coverage leather holster for iwb would be most comfortable

Full leather are comfortable but I tend to avoid them partially based on the article here on ITS: http://www.itstactic...tal-discharges/

I will rock a hybrid leather kydex however as generally the back leather piece is large enough that the edge is no where near the trigger so less likely to have the same situation. 

I have been rocking a couple alien gear holsters theses days they're comfortable adjustable and retention is solid.  Plus their shell trade in is actually really slick (I used it this past week and it took less then a week to get a new shell in after mailing the old one in and it cost me nothing but the cost to ship it back to them. 

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#17 Shifty

Shifty

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 27 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:17 PM

I really miss my Gen 2 G19...the finger grooves make the pistol less shootable for me...I let it, and the most accurate pistol I've ever shot, a G20, also 2nd gen, go when I went 1911 only. 

I've since replaced the G20 with another Gen 2, but haven't been able to find a decent G19 at a reasonable price. 

I daily carry my G20 in an Alien Gear IWB, while my Delta Elite sits in my safe. 

#18 jvandivere

jvandivere

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 104 posts
  • LocationBellefontaine, ohio

Posted 04 October 2016 - 01:21 PM

I don't know if I would consider myself a fanboy or not. I like glock a whole lot but they have a lot of shortcomings right out of the gate (sights, triggers (sometimes)- They are slow to adapt.)  The new 42/43 seem pretty nice. My fiance carries XDm or XD mod 2...both are fine guns. I really like the M&P, but already owned a G19 I sold (cus gen 4) and have a Gen 3  Glock 34 and 26. I wish I just got a glock 19 in Gen 3 RTF....

I like the raven vanguard II, and would love an incog if I get another 19.  I have an alien gear holster, but don't really like it that much.  thing to be weary with the vanguard is sweat and a hot gun in the summer..

n0Q3KCI.png?1

"Aut Vain Invaim Aut Facim- I will find a way or make one"

#19 mackguy

mackguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 460 posts
  • LocationLexington, NC

Posted 04 October 2016 - 02:32 PM

Seriously people give up on the Glocks and get The World's Most Battle-Proven Firearm ™, an FN.

• jvandivere likes this

#20 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 04 October 2016 - 09:23 PM

Seriously people give up on the Glocks and get The World's Most Battle-Proven Firearm ™, an FN.

That's news to me ;)

MARSOC just ditched the m45 for the glock 19 just 3 years after adopting the overhyped 1911 status symbol.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Glock, G42, .380, CCW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users