• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 McFarlain

McFarlain

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

Just found out recently I'm now an Automatic Rifleman, and I'm looking for a set up, pictures of set ups, feedback, etc. I've never carried an M249 and I've never carried an Automatic Rifleman rig. I do know that the standard issue Army Fighting Load Carrier is rubbish. 

All input is appreciated. 

#2 Whyatt

Whyatt

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 02:17 PM

I ran the C9 (Canadian M249 - same sh!t) in bosina. Here is a few things I learned.

- teaser belt or mag for patrol. I personally liked the mags although they do some times jam.but Vice dangling belts, boxs falling off and the noise was worth it. PITA

- your barrel bag is going to be your pain, The issued one was/is junk and quick moving team I ended up just do the barrel switch when we were static.

- I wish I had a chance to use the cloth after marked bags. We did have them in the 'Ghan but I was not longer carrying the gun. From what I have seen, less rattle (can you tell I hate the rattle of the round?)

- We have scopes on ours but... after a burst or two you are off zero anyways. Iron is the way to go.

Hope some of the tricks of the trade works for you.

cheers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SAW GUNNER, RIG, KIT, M249, Automatic Rifleman, gear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users