Photo

Unbeatable Mind - Any thoughts or Reviews?

Mental Toughness SEAL Training

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 03 December 2015 - 11:10 AM

/Has anyone gone through Mark Divine's Unbeatable training? Read the book?

Thoughts on the above? I';ve been circling the idea of doing the on-line training program to get some motivation and feed back. 

Has anyone read the book? Done both? Is it a solid program? I picked up Seal Fit (which introduces the program) and went over it with my trainer. Is the program a money grab or does it have merit?

#2 spenceman

spenceman

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 907 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:59 AM

I don't know if it's any good or not, but I can promise you it's at least a partial money grab, because every other word in the marketing material is SEAL. I'm not saying it's bad, I just think it's amusing. "Buy our book/car/watch/underwear it was written/driven/worn by a Navy SEAL so it must be the best.

PlankOwnerSignatureAZ.gif FBI's Most Wanted for charges of serial thread hijacking.

I'm like a cheap wine. I get better the more you drink.

#3 littleninja

littleninja

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 140 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 05 December 2015 - 01:20 PM

Bought the book, ended up skimming through most of it. If you're new to training in general it touches on fundamentals and might be a good read. if you've gone through any MIL/LEO or intense athletic training, it feels far too basic. It does feel like a money grab with frequent references/links to buy his other books and training programs. I approach any book that uses the term 'secrets of' with a grain of salt. 

n0Q3KCI.png?1

#4 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 247 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 09 December 2015 - 03:09 PM

That's too bad. I'm more interested in the mental development than the physical. Thanks for the thoughts lads!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mental, Toughness, SEAL, Training

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users