17 replies to this topic

#1 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

I'm sure everyone has seen the commercials so I'm curious if anyone has given any of their products a try. 

Specifically, I have been looking to remove the 5.11 tuxedo from my wardrobe as much as possible and this company's products seem like they might work well for not screaming tactical while still being functional.  Primarily I have been looking at their pants and their coats.

http://www.duluthtrading.com

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#2 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 09:24 AM

never herd of them but thanks to your link i think i know when im going to start getting work pants lol.

EIu5PDO.png

#3 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:55 AM

I've been planning to buy a pair of their jeans for a while. Everyone I know who has their stuff loves it. And it's definitely not tactical. The guys I know who wear Duluth Trading Co stuff are all big ol farm boys who love to hunt and fish.

Their Ballroom Jeans seem to be the most popular.

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#4 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:58 PM

I know guys that wear their clothing. I have looked into buying some, but it's a little pricey. Not to mention if I buy a size and it runs big or small having to mail it in to exchange it.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#5 Quietmike

Quietmike

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 140 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:55 PM

Have a couple pairs of firehose pants. If you've ever worn Carhartts, there's not much difference

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#6 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,868 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 December 2015 - 06:23 AM

My friends wife is a mail person and she wears insulated ones when it gets cold.  She swears by how well they keep her warm and she doesn't worry about ruining them.

I will say it does come with a caveat, they are NOT flattering to her figure.

Edited by DStevenson, 17 December 2015 - 06:23 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#7 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:32 AM

My friends wife is a mail person and she wears insulated ones when it gets cold. She swears by how well they keep her warm and she doesn't worry about ruining them.
I will say it does come with a caveat, they are NOT flattering to her figure.

Forget it then. If I can't show off my curves, I'm not wearing them. Guess I'll just have to stick with yoga pants.
  • spenceman, Psybain, DieselD and 5 others like this

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#8 hrddrv

hrddrv

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 75 posts
  • LocationArcher, Fl

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:15 PM

Forget it then. If I can't show off my curves, I'm not wearing them. Guess I'll just have to stick with yoga pants.

Now there is a picture I did not want in my mind. Thanks. Now I must think of stuff like slaughtering pigs and cutting down trees, and shooting a 50 cal to make myself feel more manly.

• MightyP and littleninja like this

#9 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 18 December 2015 - 02:32 PM

Now there is a picture I did not want in my mind. Thanks. Now I must think of stuff like slaughtering pigs and cutting down trees, and shooting a 50 cal to make myself feel more manly.

Great. Now I'm picturing him doing all that in yoga pants
  • MightyP, Rulrofelves and littleninja like this

#10 stoddy9311

stoddy9311

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 18 December 2015 - 10:20 PM

well well...i have found the holy grail sports jacket for work!!

just ordered two fire hose presentation jackets (blue and khaki)

#11 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 19 December 2015 - 05:43 AM

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#12 break809

break809

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 12:57 AM

Quality vs quantity. I have a bunch of their shirts, love em. They have a store in Sioux Falls, SD. I've been able to look over their product line and I will be getting more in the near future. 

#13 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:54 AM

I hey have top quality for sure. The jeans and fire hose pants wear great
As to returns if they don't fit right, they send you a return sticker right in the package
They do have a no bull return guarantee. You don't like it send it back no questions
  • Giner likes this

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#14 Gebogen

Gebogen

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:23 PM

I have the firehose work pants and the lightweights. They ran very true to size but for California, the firehose pants are way too much. I have been using them as riding pants on my dirt bikes as they have knee pad pockets and I had some hard shell inserts from another set of riding pants. The lighter color is good for the sun and they are wearing like 600 denier nylon. The only thing about them is that you have to remember to take everything out of the pockets or you get bruises in those shapes if you get off the bike hard. I'll get another pair if I ever need to. The lightweights are my favorites for everything but work. I've had them about a year and they have done everything from canyoneering to trimming trees and they are very comfortable, even in the heat. They are about the same weight as my vertex covert pants and the crotch gussets give you plenty of flexibility. Especially important during my Yoga workouts... Not.

#15 razshafer

razshafer

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:26 PM

Their Buck-naked underwear are fantastic. That and some jeans are all I've bought from them clothing-wise. Returned the jeans since they were cut more like mom jeans but have heard good things from friends re the firehose pants. 

#16 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:35 PM

Their Buck-naked underwear are fantastic. That and some jeans are all I've bought from them clothing-wise. Returned the jeans since they were cut more like mom jeans but have heard good things from friends re the firehose pants.

Just made my first purchase from Deluth. The Armachillo underwear based off a friends recommendation. Haven't tried them yet, but anything with microscopic jade impregnated in has to be good right?

When I finally wear them, they will officially be the most valuable thing on me. Sweet

#17 Arust

Arust

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:19 AM

I've been a huge fan of them for years.  Some of their tools are a little bit trinkety, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have some of it in my EDC (tweezers on key ring).

Before I talk product, I don't buy anything there unless it is on sale.  They have quarterly, or more often, 20% off sales, and they have seasonal close outs with huge discounts.

Their clothing though, I swear by.  No sweat underwear are all I wear now, very comfortable.  Wicking undershirts are great too.  I had a tailor trim up some of their cool max polos, because they're sized for large bellies.  Their duluth flex firehose work pants, and firehose work pants are great.  I get colors other than khaki so I don't look so 5.11.  I wore 2 pairs for about a year solid, and got a hole in one knee.  I thought it shouldn't have a hole, and they honored the No Bull guarantee; so they exchanged the 2 pairs, no questions asked, but for refunds over a year old, they send cash, so I used it to get 2 new pairs.  I also love their wind proof fleece jackets, warmest fleece I've ever had.  Haven't tried their packs though to be honest, but a couple duffles I've had for over ten years.

#18 Spartan24

Spartan24

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNorthern AZ

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:22 AM

I'm a big fan. In fact, as I type this I have on their undershirt and boxer briefs from the Buck Naked line. Love that stuff! I also love the firehose wallet, perfect setup for a wallet in my opinion. As mentioned before, get on their email list and wait for the sales, they are constantly happening. 

Last wish? I wish... You had... More time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users