9 replies to this topic

#1 mikel

mikel

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:17 AM

Hello,

Finishing a PC for the wifey for work and wanted to add an IFAK and was looking for your recommendation. What are the choices? I know of the Fat Boy, Tall Boy, Dark Angel? etc..

Thank you in advance.

#2 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:17 AM

You can't go wrong with the ones listed. But I'm a big fan of these:

https://www.tacmedso...ywords=Drop leg

#3 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:48 AM

A post I read the other day said sub loads sap something like 15% of your energy per leg. Though at least they're removable. If you go with the ITS Fatboy/tallboy, use Molle Stix or similar to make it easily removable.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#4 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

I use the ITS Fatboy on both of my kits, also with Molle Stix.  Not sure I'd do it another way.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#5 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:32 PM

If you want a low profile one, the S.O.Tech Viper is another good option 

http://sotechtactica...viper-flat-ifak

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#6 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:49 PM

Blue Force Gear has their Trauma Kit NOW!, and I really like the stuff Cleer Medical is coming out with, but perhaps for lower profile uses.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#7 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:25 PM

A post I read the other day said sub loads sap something like 15% of your energy per leg. Though at least they're removable. If you go with the ITS Fatboy/tallboy, use Molle Stix or similar to make it easily removable.

Sub loads have their place, but I should have mentioned it can be worn on a carrier also. The drop leg strap comes off and it's compatible with MOLLE. I chose it for several reasons, one of which was the ability to choose how I wear it. At work, the sub load is necessary, off duty I prefer it on the belt.

#8 mikel

mikel

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 05:33 PM

Thank you  so much for the replies.

She currently have a small pouch with a tourniquet, 1 pair of gloves and quick clot gauze in her duty belt, so I am leaning more towards fat and tall. What would be the difference? Just more qty of the items included?

Thank you

#9 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 05 January 2016 - 06:48 PM

I believe they're the same, just different shapes to fit your loadout better. But I didn't verify that.

By the way, every thread about IFAKs would be lacking if someone didn't mention training. I'm assuming you and your wife have training in these tools?
  • Psybain and MightyP like this

#10 mikel

mikel

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

I believe they're the same, just different shapes to fit your loadout better. But I didn't verify that.

By the way, every thread about IFAKs would be lacking if someone didn't mention training. I'm assuming you and your wife have training in these tools?

Yes she does, besides training through the dept., She's an EMT. Thank you again for everything gents!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users