4 replies to this topic

#1 mysteriousjl

mysteriousjl

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 129 posts
  • LocationCentral MN

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

especially this forum. I feel like I've had a good year in terms of improving myself, and the knowledge and words of encouragement I find here have played a big part in my betterment.

After one year of membership as a Crew Leader, I sincerely appreciate all of your good advice. And I've noticed a change in my general attitude, as well. A couple years ago, I might not have volunteered to search the woods for a missing person. When confronted with a vehicle that suddenly didn't work, I'd have either sold it for scrap or paid through the nose for someone else to solve the problem, rather than persevering in the cold and/or dark until I got the job done.

I think that to prevail, one must not only prepare but also persevere, eh?

In the year to come, I will continue to improve my knowledge, skills, physical fitness, and mindset. Perhaps even to the point that I can offer intelligent advice to someone who posts a question on this awesome forum, as so many of you have done for me.

Thanks, everyone.

I sincerely wish you all an awesome 2016!

• spenceman, SwatDawg335, LongHaul and 7 others like this

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#2 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:38 PM

Well said. I agree. The people here have definitely help broaden my understanding of several areas of interest.
  • SwatDawg335, EMSWxSAR, Fivesenenguy and 1 other like this

#3 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:49 PM

Never stop learning, or more importantly, never stop asking questions! There is no point in surviving, you should seek to thrive! Bring on 2016!!
  • SwatDawg335, Jersey0311, EMSWxSAR and 2 others like this
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#4 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:54 AM

When confronted with a vehicle that suddenly didn't work, I'd have either sold it for scrap or paid through the nose for someone else to solve the problem, rather than persevering in the cold and/or dark until I got the job done.

Such things remind me of this scene from top gear.

http://www.youtube.com/s2a1z4iFc9o

Yes, the first time I fixed a wonky toilet in my house, I shouted out "I mended something!" with as much pride as clarkson.
  • Fivesenenguy and littleninja like this

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#5 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:57 AM

I am Proud to be apart of this forum, and to see that is has helped people rather than pissed them off. ITS has also help me with questions and afforded me the insight to do things differently. The professional courtesythat is shown on this forum gives me some hope that there are people out there whether they are knowledgeable or not to take the time to address and or to help with all manner of things. You Guys rock, Mysterious hit the nail right on the head!!!

EIu5PDO.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users