• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rgr.paddy

rgr.paddy

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:30 PM

Hi everbody!Currently trying to decide between three 5.11 jackets.
1.Agressor parka
2.Sabre 2.0 jacket
3.Bristol parka

I plan on using it for hiking,bushcraft, tactical use,hunting and fishing.What do you guys think is the best option?

#2 SwatDawg335

SwatDawg335

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 452 posts
  • LocationLand of 10,000 Lakes

Posted 04 January 2016 - 02:55 PM

I can't speak to the Sabre 2.0... But I've got a 1.0, and it's no where near has heavy as either of those parkas.  If you're looking for a cold-weather option I"m thinking the Sabre probably isn't the best choice.  

Also, side note.  I can't stand how they call the Sabre a 'covert' carry jacket when their are friggin' patch panels on both damn sleeves.  Drives me nuts.  I was lucky enough to find a Saber 1.0 on closeout years ago when they phased it out.  I only paid $50 for it.  Probably a good thing, cause I remember thinking there was no way it was worth the $199 or whatever pricetag they had on it before the sale.  It's a fine jacket, don't get me wrong.  But certainly not worth paying retail for.

NoTMZyB.png

#3 rgr.paddy

rgr.paddy

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:30 PM

I'm living in Ireland so temperatures can get cold but it's mostly rain so waterproof is the main priority.

#4 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 04 January 2016 - 10:39 PM

I'm living in Ireland so temperatures can get cold but it's mostly rain so waterproof is the main priority.

Out of curiosity do you have less issue being labled as 'tactical' there?  Here in the US things like patch panels immediately scream gun guy but I wonder if that is the same elsewhere in the world. 

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#5 rgr.paddy

rgr.paddy

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 04:10 AM

Nobody really notices but i think that's because tactical stuff isn't really known about over here.

#6 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

Also a lot of folks who want cheap outdoor gear go to surplus stores, so lots of motorcycles in woodland cammie goretex, and lots of cheap rip-offs of maxped falcon packs everywhere. Just because they're the cheapest bag on ebay I think, and people presume military styling = tough.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users