Photo

SLC guy here. Ready to learn/share/teach!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dmak

Dmak

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 07:04 PM

Hi guys, my handle is Dmak. I've just recently found this excellent forum. You guys have some excellent content. I am hoping to be able to add my opinions and expertise in with yours. I'm an Eagle Scout, an EMT-I, a SARTECH 2 and finally finished a degree in Disaster Management. I like to help people and search and rescue has been a blast.

I am a born and bred Southerner from a small town outside Atl, Ga. Recently moved to Salt Lake City for a change of pace and environment. I love everything about the outdoors and wanted to live in the mountains. If I'm not at work you'll find me either in my Jeep, or in a good pair of adventure shoes; and yes I will be in the mountains. Hunting, hiking, camping, climbing, offroad/overland, backcountry splitboarding. If its a mountain sport, I'm probably involved. With my love of mountain sports comes my need to be truly prepared. I regularly find myself in survival scenarios and have proven to myself that having my kit with me at all times is the only way to be prepped.

Like all of you, the hunt to build the perfect loadout has been a long one. A lot of trial and error. Some good, some bad, some ugly. I feel I have finally built a functional daily loadout that keeps me ready. Hell, just yesterday I witnessed a 15 yr old girl get hit by a car. Fortunately, I had my GSW kit on me and was able to stop a pretty significant hemorrhage before EMS showed up. It wasn't necessarily life saving, but it solved a problem that needed solving.

This is the second forum I have decided to invest my time into. Most of the others I've investigated lack good content and seem to be overly political or religious. am anxious to get to know all you regulars. This seems like a place where real world info gets traded back and forth about. Enough of the chatty Kathy. Once I get home tonight, I'll share my current EDC with you guys and start diving into the content.
  • ffemtp likes this

#2 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:49 AM

Welcome aboard!

#3 BTSmith10

BTSmith10

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 264 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:51 PM

Welcome!

#4 Koopa

Koopa

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:18 PM

Welcome!

#5 SacRyan

SacRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 136 posts
  • LocationUT

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:28 PM

Hey Dmac,

I'm about 30 minutes south of you - hit me up on a PM and welcome to SLC

• Dmak likes this

Qd3OG01.png

Do the right thing, even when no one is looking.

#6 Dmak

Dmak

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:52 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys

Hey Salty, I'm probably just being stupid and missing it, but I can't figure out how to pm you. Shoot me one and I'll reply.

#7 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 03 February 2016 - 05:35 AM

Hey Dmak,

First welcome aboard!

Second, only Crew Leader and above members can PM, sorry for any inconvenience.

Also, Salty Dog is a title, names are above the title.

89BccLb.png

#8 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 03 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

A little late to the discussions but welcome Dmak!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users