8 replies to this topic

#1 Bodi_R578

Bodi_R578

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts
  • Locationcarrying the flag of freedom

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

not sure if this is the right place to post this since is not really sustainment, but I consider it a third string tool simply because its not really needed all the time.

soo be easy now... some of you will go crazy cuz I said ghillie suit. I've herd the arguments and there fair for the most part. This system is  METT-TC dependent system. And that it is useless unless trained. Aside from all that I'm looking for people that have purchased one or built one or even had one made for them. I would like to know what people chose to have done with them to make them fit there environments or what they did as they built it to make it fit to themselves or preferences. I'm still deployed here in Kuwait so in my spare time I decided to build this "wookie suit" as some of my  soldiers have dubbed it, for sheer shits and giggles and who knows maybe one day it will come in handy. mine is not done yet as you can see I still need to add textures to it and break it in and what not.

Attached Files

#2 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

I think everyone who went to muster iv made one. Maybe someone who was there can help.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#3 Bodi_R578

Bodi_R578

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:17 PM

I'm hoping I can get in on the next muster, I ve never been and the last one was not that far from where I call home

#4 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

I have built two of my own mainly just for the fun of it.  I would say definitely trim down the bush quite a bit and add tiedowns for natural veg as that's really what gives you the best camo.  I'd be happy to get you pictures of mine if you're interested.  For the front I used an old military duffel  and cut it up to provide reinforcement for the knees, elbows, and chest. 

• Bodi_R578 likes this

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#5 Bodi_R578

Bodi_R578

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:12 AM

I would like to see what you have done for sure !  and I would agree I think I may have over done the " furr". like I said I'm not done et and still tinkering. tie downs are on there way when I find something durable and reusable if I can. I also plan on using an old military cot ( green nylon material I think) and attaching it to the front chest area as well as the knees and elbow area. although I think that may make it a little loud when sliding.

Edited by Bodi_R578, 03 February 2016 - 01:14 AM.

#6 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 04 February 2016 - 10:34 AM

Paracord attached via a larks head is a great way to attach veg along with zip ties and rubber bands.  I'll see if I can sort out getting pictures up here from my phone.

#7 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:25 AM

Here are the two one is a more traditional full body suit the other is just a top and hood and is ventilated for use in hot climates.

Attached Files

#8 Bodi_R578

Bodi_R578

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:39 PM

I notice the hot weather on doen not have near the same amount of jute, why is that

#9 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 06 February 2016 - 12:51 PM

I notice the hot weather on doen not have near the same amount of jute, why is that

It does look a little thin I may have to break it out and work on it again I think I may have taken this one specifically to show the construction i.e. the mesh below vs the full fabric back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users