53 replies to this topic

#21 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:17 AM

What is a plank owner?

Review this post, it explains it all there.
http://itstactical.c...__+plank +owner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#22 Outdoorsman98

Outdoorsman98

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:47 AM

Ok thanks

#23 redraven88

redraven88

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Tx.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

@Outdoorsman98

Plank owner is an O.G. Original founding member circle.

http://www.urbandict...erm=plank owner

Posted Image

#24 redraven88

redraven88

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCorpus Christi, Tx.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Oops, I'm too late. Lol. Sorry, mis-navigated my iPhone.
Posted Image

#25 ARM_Alaska

ARM_Alaska

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, Alaska

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

Is there a timeframe to expect account to be updated to crew leader? I paid the membership and haven't received any notice except for the order confirmation.

Thanks guys!

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#26 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Its usually a couple days, I think I waited 3 or 4 but it was partially over a weekend if I recall correctly.

89BccLb.png

#27 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 09 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

Is there a timeframe to expect account to be updated to crew leader? I paid the membership and haven't received any notice except for the order confirmation.

Thanks guys!

If it doesn't pop up send a email to Rob and let him know. [email protected]

Eric
Posted Image

#28 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm thinking post-masters like DStevenson, who have blown way past the 250+ should get a new title... something like Optimus Prime or Zombie Jesus :wow:
  • DStevenson likes this
-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#29 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:07 PM

Well, that should appeal to the Pre-Pubescent (Both physically & Mentally) members of the forum.

This is my favorite response to ranks and shit. Not having ranks and titles keeps people from spamming threads just to get their post count up so they look super awesome.

Edited by mangeface, 06 November 2013 - 12:08 PM.

• Davis likes this

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#30 Armitage12

Armitage12

Salty Dog

• Validating
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:27 PM

This is my favorite response to ranks and shit. Not having ranks and titles keeps people from spamming threads just to get their post count up so they look super awesome.

I'm inclined to agree, though I did watch my post count closely so that when I crossed a certain threshold I felt like I really could go ahead and buy the patch and display with pride.

I do like seeing how long people have been members--someone who has been on since 2010, even if they have fifteen posts, has been around to see more than a four month member/ 200+ plus post spammer. Some fora I'm on display that--and one gets the sense of seniority that way quite well enough. Would it be too hard to see on the posts themselves whether the poster is of the 'old breed' or not?

#31 Millertime1103

Millertime1103

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 168 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:41 PM

Now you guys have me worried, I'm not trying to spam or beef up stats, I just get excited when I have the ability to give my 2 cents on topics
-- Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Posted Image

#32 Armitage12

Armitage12

Salty Dog

• Validating
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

I'm thinking post-masters like DStevenson, who have blown way past the 250+ should get a new title... something like Optimus Prime or Zombie Jesus :wow:

Kraken.
  • mikejulietpapa likes this

#33 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:08 PM

Now you guys have me worried, I'm not trying to spam or beef up stats, I just get excited when I have the ability to give my 2 cents on topics

Well, that's understandable. There's days where I don't have a word to say and others where I have 19 threads to which I have positive input.

The titles like Crew Member, Crew Leader and etc. are cool to me. It shows who has gone a further step in supporting and such. I don't care for the rank type stuff that's based on post count.

Kraken.

I've been meaning to get one of those for my future moat.

Edited by mangeface, 06 November 2013 - 01:09 PM.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#34 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

I'm inclined to agree, though I did watch my post count closely so that when I crossed a certain threshold I felt like I really could go ahead and buy the patch and display with pride.

I do like seeing how long people have been members--someone who has been on since 2010, even if they have fifteen posts, has been around to see more than a four month member/ 200+ plus post spammer. Some fora I'm on display that--and one gets the sense of seniority that way quite well enough. Would it be too hard to see on the posts themselves whether the poster is of the 'old breed' or not?

You can hover your cursor over the poster's name and see how long they've been a member. I've been impressed by this forum for the lack of spam and the level of respect. It seems better than most places on the web. I haven't gotten the impression that anyone is spamming for post count/karma title. Post count and karma titles aren't that big of a deal anyway. Quality posts are the important thing.
  • mangeface and Millertime1103 like this

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#35 Armitage12

Armitage12

Salty Dog

• Validating
  • 171 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

You can hover your cursor over the poster's name and see how long they've been a member. I've been impressed by this forum for the lack of spam and the level of respect. It seems better than most places on the web. I haven't gotten the impression that anyone is spamming for post count/karma title. Post count and karma titles aren't that big of a deal anyway. Quality posts are the important thing.

Ah...there we go. Thanks!

#36 pktranger11a

pktranger11a

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 6 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

Sounds good to me!

#37 pktranger11a

pktranger11a

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 6 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

Execuse me, but this may sound like a dumb question, but how do you get to the dashboard? For some reason nothing is showing up on my screen to show me where it is. Thanks in advance!

#38 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:32 PM

I'm not so sure about that title but I appreciate the recognition though certainly unnecessary.
I like to help, I'm a giver.... Now I just need to convince the fine gentlemen at ITS that I we would both benefit if given a moderator/staff position. =D

pktranger11a,
You essentially have 2 dashboards.
1) Forum dashboard allows you to update your contact information and preferences (far top right of the forums click on the down arrow next to your forum name).
2) ITS website dashboard (Wordpress) requires that you have an account (possibly shared with the forum account now). You will need to log in by clicking on the silhouette of a person at the top right along the gray bar. If you're logged in and you click on that head you will be given 3 options, "Dashboard" should be the first option.

Edited by DStevenson, 12 November 2013 - 12:33 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#39 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

They are not shared, you still have to register both places, at least I did as of like 3 months ago or whenever I stopped lurking. I think we should start a thread: The grass roots movement to promote DStevenson to staff/moderator.

89BccLb.png

#40 pktranger11a

pktranger11a

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 6 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:15 AM

DStevenson, thanks for the help. Don't know what is wrong, but for some reason this did not work. I will keep working on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users