8 replies to this topic

#1 Cmoody84

Cmoody84

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNW Florida

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:23 PM

Just dropping by to say hi to everyone and to let you know who I am.

I was born and raised in Pensacola, FL.  I have no military or LEO experience but found a passion in guns and training and I try to learn anything and everything I can.  Currently, my main goal is losing weight and getting into shape and am always looking for workout programs and food ideas/recipes that are quick and easy.  Hope everyone is doing well and I'll see you around the forums.

• EMSWxSAR, ArmySF1966 and GrizCo like this
Posted Image

#2 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

Welcome aboard!

• Cmoody84 likes this

89BccLb.png

#3 EMSWxSAR

EMSWxSAR

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 368 posts
  • LocationFL

Posted 25 February 2016 - 04:47 PM

Welcome!

• Cmoody84 likes this

its_fl_sar_smaller.png

#4 ABN Whiskey

ABN Whiskey

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 09:56 PM

Welcome.

I graduated from Army jump school in (1977) 250th female. Then was sent to Ft. Devens, MA (TRADOC Command) and Calisle Barracks (Military Intell) jumped into Northern Nicaragua, near Caribbean coast, regarding children in that area.  My husband was stationed in Synop, Turkey spied on the Russians electronically. 

Daughter #1 works at the Washington DC Chamber of Commerce working to partner with businesses CONUS wide to create jobs for Veterans. Her husband, my Son-in-law was hit by 10 IED's in Iraq after 16 years in the Infantry and has brain trauma injury. (4 kids) She is Ms. Connecticut and is a Fellow of the Elizabeth Dole Foundation: Caring for Military Families.

Second daughter and my other son-in-law is currently stationed at the Charleston AFB, as a plane refuel-er. (2 kids) My daughter is the contact point for her husbands squadron when they deploy. Military people like good recipes because many time we have to eat crap in the field. Weight loss wise I like the Weight Watchers book titled, "Simply the Best." Tasty stuff. 

I'm a crazy nut about VA reform and work on an active VPAC (Vet Patient Advisory Council) It doesn't matter what the issue is, I'm all over it. Here's a funny example . . . I do get their attention and interface with VA executives daily. 

Here's the Bird Sanctuary that I'm working on saving at VA West Los Angeles.  http://parrotcare.org/      <------------ click here

Graphic true story.  Follow up on the x-ray dept. room dividers between the inpatients and outpatients.

I wanted to say to my brain and eyes, "Oh erase that, erase that!

Last week I stopped by the x-ray dept to see what progress was being made on my request/suggestion. I exited the elevator and rounded the corner into x-ray only to see two patients in hospital beds. They have every right to be comfortable. You be the judge.

Patient #1   Sheet pulled up to his knees, legs in a V, balls fully on display

Patient #2   IS scratching his. 

Hell, I couldn't even talk to the staff about the room dividers.  But I will today. The staff will be pleased that I have a story/request to add urgency to the room divider cause.  Even if they remodel they need room dividers right now.

I love ITS Tactical because they enjoy quality military stuff and like using it in the field. I enjoy land navigation. 

Best regards,

ABN Whiskey

• Cmoody84 likes this

#5 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:08 AM

Welcome aboard!
  • Cmoody84 likes this

#6 BTSmith10

BTSmith10

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 263 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

Welcome! I recently moved from Pensacola to the Pacific Northwest.

#7 hrddrv

hrddrv

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 75 posts
  • LocationArcher, Fl

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:01 PM

Howdy. Born and raised in Ft Walton Beach. Now live in North Central Fl.

#8 Rulrofelves

Rulrofelves

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 52 posts
  • LocationMid-California

Posted 09 March 2016 - 11:05 AM

I was raised in Pensacola.  I miss that place.  Welcome!

"We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do
anything with nothing." Unknown

#9 N. Hainlin

N. Hainlin

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts
  • LocationGreater New Orleans

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:24 AM

Welcome. I love the Emerald coast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users