Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 06:31 AM

Hazard 4

Drago 

LA police gear

I don't think any of those companies manufacture in the US.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#42 mangeface

mangeface

Salty Dog

• 2,598 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 March 2016 - 07:36 AM

LA Police Gear for sure doesn't.

"I may walk among the sheep...but make no mistake, I am the sheepdog."
VQz5Nwz.png

#43 Fivesenenguy

Fivesenenguy

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 08:50 AM

Fivesenenguy, have you got one? I've just picked up their messenger bag for use as a duty bag, looks perfect for it and been on my list for a while. I'll post pics and thoughts here when I've got it.

Corbs, I got the dust bag from direct action. LOVE it, the only gripe I have about it is the lack of elastic band in the front like my TT removable operator pack. Other than that awesome bag and pretty sturdy considering its only 500 codura. I will do a video on it and share it so you guys can have a closer look.

EIu5PDO.png

#44 Corbs

Corbs

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 488 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 09:02 AM

Corbs, I got the dust bag from direct action. LOVE it, the only gripe I have about it is the lack of elastic band in the front like my TT removable operator pack. Other than that awesome bag and pretty sturdy considering its only 500 codura. I will do a video on it and share it so you guys can have a closer look.

You can get shock cord pretty cheap by the foot in outdoor stores, and individual cord locks, no reason not to make your own! My messenger is to replace a TT ROP that I had been using too.

15466484298_865322dd97_n.jpg

#45 bigfoot

bigfoot

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 39 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted 24 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

Late to this thread, but another vote for Goruck's Bullet pack as a small EDC pack. I've got the 10L version in their wolf gray color, and it blends in really well. Made in the USA, looks like a hydration pack (and is one), with only a few strips of MOLLE/PALS webbing on the front. Also, it's lightweight with 500D construction and you hardly know it's on your back. I did a quick writeup on the blog with more photos if interested... http://cascadiarecon...uck-bullet-10l/

Another suggestion if you want to get away from the tacticool look, but keep plenty of organization, are the offerings from Tom Bihn. They make some awesome stuff right here in the USA and it is of very high quality. Mystery Ranch has just come out with a bunch of new urban packs, too. Those definitely look like they'd fly beneath the radar.

21602368944_4beb28662f_b.jpg

Edited by bigfoot, 24 March 2016 - 11:37 AM.

#46 GrizCo

GrizCo

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 56 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:37 PM

I like the TAD bags. Colorado Springs is a military hub so 5.11 tuxedos and tactical appearance is the norm. Even the homeless people walk around toting 5.11 Rush packs, while the younger crowd totes black nylon with splashes of color. Earth tones are a fashion thing around here. That being said walking around in cargos and sand colored back packs actually make you blend in more than stick out depending on where you live I guess. I have a black TAD Fast Pack but hoping they release the sand color again soon. Black sticks out too much here but it's a great pack that has been able to carry 2 25lb weight plates without stressing the stiching.

• juicer5.56 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users