4 replies to this topic

#1 ALPHA MIKE

ALPHA MIKE

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:01 PM

Besides the manufacturer's manual, what's the best book on ARs?  Amazon-linked prefered.

Thanks!

A.M.

• ffemtp likes this

#2 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:32 PM

Larry Vickers is working on one that I'm looking forward to grabbing once it comes out.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#3 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 07 July 2016 - 04:58 PM

What do you want from the book. Are you looking for a history of the rifle, maintenance manual, or something completely different.  A better definition of what you're looking for would be helpful.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#4 ALPHA MIKE

ALPHA MIKE

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

Functionality, repairs, replacements, etc.  More of a nuts and bolts type of book.  An in depth how-to guide.

#5 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:49 PM

I have a yellow book that I bought from Delta Press many years ago. I can't think of the name of it. It does a decent job. There are tons of AR books out there. Like any good manual, you should probably just open Amazon, search, and find a few that interest you based on product description, content review, and and product reviews. Purchase, sort through them, and return the ones you don't want. I may even have a PDF manual on my flash drives (which I don't have handy at the moment as I'm in Starbucks killing an hour).

CrewLeaderSignature.png​

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users