8 replies to this topic

#1 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:26 PM

Seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on this pack for my EDC.

http://www.specopsbr...e-pack-kit.html

It has pleanty of room and with the RAT Pack I've read n other forums that it is rock sold and very well made. A couple guys hav had them for over 8 years and have done a few tours with them.

I'm thinking the space 2550 cu in will be good as I have a new little one on the way in a couple weeks and my 2 1/2 yr old as well as my EDC stuff.

Not really places for Moral patches O_O how could they leave that out?!?!?

But all in all I think it's a great pack for the price and quality.

So what say my fellow gear whores?

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#2 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 07 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

The high contrast interiors have always turned me off. Perhaps they are great and serve an awesome purpose, but they just don't sit well with me for whatever reason. It has always had me steer clear of most of what Spec Ops brand makes in the way of packs.

• DieselD likes this

89BccLb.png

#3 Spartan24

Spartan24

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNorthern AZ

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:39 PM

Looks like a good bag. 2550 is on the extra large size of an EDC bag. I'm not so into the MOLLE. I'm trying to get away from bags that scream "sheepdog."
  • DieselD likes this

Last wish? I wish... You had... More time.

#4 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:04 PM

Dang... I tried to do a reasonable build on the bag and was well over $400!

The modularity is nice, as are the configuration options. It's a little more tactical than I prefer, but that's in style, so I don't think anyone would really notice.

One other thing to keep in mind... Are you really going to want to carry snacks, spare baby clothes, ointment, bib, medicine, Kleenex, changing pad, dirty diaper bags, wipes and diapers with you everywhere? Even when the kids aren't with you? Or is there an option I didn't notice to easily yank most of the stuff from the bag?
  • DieselD likes this

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

#5 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:50 AM

I have that pack, but just the bag, not all the accessories. I've had it for 10 years. It was my go to bag through 3 Iraq deployments, and it's still my go to bag. No holes, no considerable wear.

It holds a shit ton of stuff without feeling like a huge bag.

I'm a big fan.
  • DieselD likes this

#6 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:23 AM

Thanks everyone.

Doc yeah they are bright on the inside, but this isn't a pack that will be used in any type of training. But I do see your point.

Spartan, my EDC right now is a 2100 cu in bag so I'm not really going into a bag that's a ton bigger. I'm in a pretty rural area so my EDC has a lot of Med and first responder type stuff in it. As to the MOLLE where else will I hang the tactical binki's, rattles and other noise makers? rofl 

Mighty, wow Brother you must have went all out on that build. I believe the simple set up is going to be all I need.But I do understand there is a lot of cool stuff you could add to this set up.

I think the modularity is going to be the key here. The rat pack fits into the bottom front pouch and I plan on the top to be the "go to" for the quick needed things for the kids. Who by the way are with me a lot. I also have smaller bagss that I used for the 2 yr old to hold the other stuff. Makes it easy when I need to remove it from the pack. And who doesn't carry diaper wipes everyday?

Thanks Ryan you reflect everything I have read about the pack in other places.

A government feared by its citizens is tyranny. A government afraid of it's citizens is freedom

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#7 PSDRyan

PSDRyan

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 441 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:45 PM

Have to give it up to my wife when we go on short 2 or 3 day trips she likes it so much lol
  • DieselD likes this

#8 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

Well hopefully I won't have to give it up, but we all know...........a happy wife = a happy life

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#9 DieselD

DieselD

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSW Michigan

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

Well I pulled the trigger on T.H.E. Pack in the combo deal with the Rat Pack and the drop in organizer. Bonus was the frame came in this package.
Went with the Kryptec Typhoon pattern as my Med/Blow out kits are black and I wasn't dropping the $$ for new pouches to match.

I think the Kryptec Typhoon doesn't look as "tactical" as the black does. But I'm also not to worried about that really.

Edited by DieselD, 08 September 2016 - 12:59 PM.

• MightyP likes this

III%er

CrewLeaderSignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users