• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:00 AM

Some of you may have read about the research, publications, and training by Paul Ekman and his team.  He's mentioned in by Joe Navarro, Malcolm Gladwell, and several other writers that likely frequent the ITS membership reading lists.  

Here's a test of micro expressions.  They're REALLY fast.  You'll look at and a brief, fractional second micro expression and label it.  

http://www.cio.com/a...sions-test.html

I found it interesting that I had the most trouble recognizing angry faces.  You'd think with careers in law enforcement and psychiatry I would have caught that quick.  I consider myself both observant and attentive as well as a student of body language, communication, awareness, etc.  Interestingly, my wife tells me I have a habit of pissing people off with absolutely no intent from me and never realizing it.  Apparently, I'm not really great at detecting subtle anger after all.  Of course, she also thinks I'm autistic and incapable of any human interaction, LOL.  

• MightyP and sliestfish like this

CrewLeaderSignature.png‚Äč

#2 BTSmith10

BTSmith10

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 264 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

I'll have to take a look at it when I get back to WiFi! I read Joe Navarro's book earlier this year. Definitely a good read.
  • ArkansasFan likes this

#3 ETCGIB

ETCGIB

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 18 posts
  • LocationHampton Roads, VA

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

Interesting tool.

#4 MightyP

MightyP

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 699 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:36 PM

Interesting! I'll have to try this when I get on my computer!

ITSSignature2.png

What I lack in knowledge & skill, I make up for with sarcasm & bad jokes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users