• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hcm004

hcm004

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:28 AM

As requested in the "Neck Knives" thread... I had heard of HideAway Knives a while ago, but as things like this often work out, by the time I had any disposable income I had forgot.  I did sign up for their newsletter.  About a year ago, I got an e-mail advertising the Tiger Stripe Cat Claw.  It looked useful, and I had always been a fan of the HAK system in principle, so I figured I'd give it a shot.  I wore it daily since then. Posted Image Posted Image When it first arrived, it was REALLY tight.  HAK makes the knives to fit your hand.  The recommended method of measure is to take a thin strip of paper, wrap it around your two fingers, mark and measure.  I fully acknowledge that I must have messed up and as such I had to remove the 550 cord from around the grip in order to get my fingers in. (Also neat, they include a baggie with two zipties for additional mounting options, some 550 cord cut to the proper length for cordwrapping, a band-aid and a lifesaver)  I personally hate ballchains, so I cut and gutted a generous strip of 550 cord from some I had laying around, threaded the sheath, and set the correct length for where I wanted it to hang.  YMMV, but I felt most comfortable with it worn as shown in the pictures to follow.  It is also conveniently between two buttons on most dress shirts I wear, making for a convenient draw. Posted Image Most convenient is the fact that because it doesn't have a "handle", performing other tasks while still having this knife at the ready is not difficult.  It's worn like a ring, which means it won't interfere with holding a flashlight/firearm/other knife (joke).  It does become a little uncomfortable if the HAK is on your trigger finger (DISCLAIMER:  I have not taken this to a range.  I have no idea how comfortable real recoil will be.)  Because all I had on-hand was a pen, here you go: Posted Image The blade has held its edge well.  I've found it useful in situations where carrying a folder would be socially unacceptable.  Do I reccommend?  Yes.  Would I buy from HAK again?  Absolutely. I apologize for terrible pictures.  Lighting was not cooperative.

#2 txsheepdog

txsheepdog

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:33 PM

Nice!  I'm looking at the Midnight Tiger Claw.  How long did it take you to get it after ordering?
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#3 hcm004

hcm004

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

It shipped the same day as the order.  Took two-three days to get to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users