2 replies to this topic

#1 Spartan24

Spartan24

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 149 posts
  • LocationNorthern AZ

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Recently, I got a bonus at work and have decided to get myself a suppressor. I am wondering as to what I should get for my first one. I was originally thinking 22 suppressor to start with, because it would be cheap and fun. I'd use it on a .22 pistol and rifle. Then I started thinking maybe get a can for a 9mm. Then I started thinking maybe I should just get one for my AR. So my question is, where should one start when looking to buy a first suppressor?

Last wish? I wish... You had... More time.

#2 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:26 PM

Gemtech, Silencer Co, Surefire, KAC.

Silencer Co Omega is very well thought of. While I've used all of those brands, I've never actually owned one. So take that for what it is.

#3 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,861 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:11 AM

Keep in mind, in almost every case you can shoot down calibers.

If you get a suppressor for a 7.62 round it will work nearly as well with any caliber smaller with some degradation in suppression.

So if you buy a supressor that supports a 7.62 round, you can easily shoot 5.56/.223 through it.

Same with pistol calibers, you get a can that will support .45 caliber rounds you can shoot 9mm through it.

With size though comes weight... obviously the larger caliber cans typically weigh more and while the weight may seem small on paper, at the end of a pistol or rifle it will make a difference.

As far as purchase and information locations... Silencer Shop all the way!

https://www.silencershop.com/

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users