Photo

Becoming an International Crew Leader (Aust)......

crew leader membership

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 thegouldii

thegouldii

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Hi to all,

Firstly this post may seem like a bit of a rant, but if you can bare with me, thanks! (Moderators please feel free to remove this post if you think its off in anyway....)

Having tried to gain ITS membership in the past, coming from Australia, it seems the ITS website (from the support I've also received from the ITS crew via email) doesn't accept credit card information from Australia.

So with that, and still keenly hoping to get the full benefit of what the ITS 'site' seems to offer, I'm committing to a leap of faith to see if any other ITS crew leader maybe in a position to help out.

- I'm willing to paypal transfer to anyone that can set me up with an ITS membership $100AUD to reimburse any out of pocket costs this may endeavor may take. I've already made steps to setting up a virtual U.S. postal address via Auspost (https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/) - so if that makes a difference..... cheers!

Ta,

any respondents, please 'P.M.'  me

#2 pira114

pira114

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,195 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevadas

Posted 17 November 2017 - 12:00 AM

Forgive me if you've mentioned this elsewhere, but have you tried contacting ITS directly? Or a MOD for help?

#3 thegouldii

thegouldii

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:54 AM

Yep - no joy on either fronts....

#4 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 17 November 2017 - 08:32 AM

Tried to PM you, but it said you couldn't be reach that way?

Hit me on PM if you can. If not, if you're in the Hook & Loop society you can find me on facebook.

#5 DeathwatchDoc

DeathwatchDoc

Salty Dog

• 1,936 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 17 November 2017 - 01:20 PM

Tried to PM you, but it said you couldn't be reach that way?

Hit me on PM if you can. If not, if you're in the Hook & Loop society you can find me on facebook.

Unfortunately, Crew Members cannot PM at this time and Moderators are not in a position to offer any help on this sort of incident (our jurisdiction doesn't extend beyond the forums). The only thing we can really do is suggest emailing the ITS support staff ([email protected]) which it seems you have done already. 

89BccLb.png

#6 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:42 PM

Hit me up on my forward facing email [email protected]

#7 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:23 AM

Received and responded.

#8 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:12 PM

To be quite frank, I'm not sure being a crew leader at this point offers any benefit unless you plan to buy a substantial number of items from the store. However, given international shipping you're probably not doing that either. There's no hidden information for leaders (I too thought there would be) other than some PDFs that are already available by Google search, and the forum here is literally dead. I or any other could email you those PDFs that number 8-12 based on what I recall. ITS has published great content both informative and entertaining. There's also some nice gear, yet a lot of it can be sourced elsewhere or directly such as with Hard Case Survival which I think is where sere pick also gets products. You've got some options! You might also try Law Industries which I think is in the UK. There's a group online called Black Scout Survival with a membership albeit fledgling and likely ridiculous. There's another online group called MASK which is a portrayed as a lifestyle site. The people in the online reviews kind of weird me out.

BTW, when I joined ITS I was in a major life transition. I'd been in law enforcement for about a decade but finished graduate school and entered mental health as an independent clinician. I'd spent the last year helping found a swat unit and was looking to sort of maintain that machismo. Although I'm still a shooter, strength train, run, train in martial arts, enjoy survival and bushcraft, and have a sort of espionage officer on the run daydream fantasy I really couldn't care less about the things that I used to identify with. I drank the Kool Aid, as some say, but I've since... voided. Despite not recommending crew leader status, I want to be clear there are no sour grapes, grudges, etc. I still review ITS and bought a new product of theirs just last week and very much appreciate the organization, content, and intent.

Edited by ArkansasFan, 05 December 2017 - 11:34 PM.

• thegouldii likes this

CrewLeaderSignature.png‚Äč

#9 thegouldii

thegouldii

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

BTW, when I joined ITS I was in a major life transition. I'd been in law enforcement for about a decade but finished graduate school and entered mental health as an independent clinician. I'd spent the last year helping found a swat unit and was looking to sort of maintain that machismo. Although I'm still a shooter, strength train, run, train in martial arts, enjoy survival and bushcraft, and have a sort of espionage officer on the run daydream fantasy I really couldn't care less about the things that I used to identify with. I drank the Kool Aid, as some say, but I've since... voided. Despite not recommending crew leader status, I want to be clear there are no sour grapes, grudges, etc. I still review ITS and bought a new product of theirs just last week and very much appreciate the organization, content, and intent.

After reading your post, I think like you that I'm in the same position. Been Mil for 15 years and semi-retired now but have my own business teaching First Aid to the general public and workplaces / organisations 'around' - as well becoming a 'learn to swim teacher' and swim coach in the pool and open water alike.

As for the transition from Mil in to civilian life, perhaps again like you, I'm learning more and more that I couldn't care less about the things that had become part of me over the last 2 decades, but more inclined for the recreational stuff that ITS offers.

Edited by thegouldii, 06 December 2017 - 07:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users