• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dutch253

Dutch253

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

I'm looking for a little help setting up a "war" belt. I'm trying to run a pistol, pistol mags, IFAK and rifle mags. The issue is I'm ambidextrous. I shoot a rifle from my left shoulder and a pistol from my right hand. Normally I'd have rifle mags on my right hip but I'll have a pistol there. I guess I can run them around 1 o clock but I have a shift my entire torso to draw the magazine. Anyone have a similar issue? I've had people suggest running a chest rig but I'll still have to run a belt for my pistol. Any ideas?

• sliestfish likes this

#2 thegouldii

thegouldii

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:23 PM

If its rifle from the left shoulder, then what about a shoulder holster under the left arm pit so your right hand can still draw across to?

(Hope I explained my mental picture of it right.....)

#3 billybogota

billybogota

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 103 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:09 PM

take a look at some of the video from Sage Dynamics on Youtube -- if I remember right, he's an ambi guy as well.  Can't recall if he had a specific video on setting up his kit, but there's plenty of videos of him wearing to work out some ideas from.

1LtuBMc.png?2

#4 sliestfish

sliestfish

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 February 2018 - 12:28 AM

You could always go drop leg with your pistol on the right. Then slip a rifle mag pouch in front of and behind where the drop leg starts on the belt. Move your IFAK to about the 7 o'clockish postion and run your suite of pistol mags where you like them on the left. 

Or, if you wanna go really slick you could just go ITW fastmags with the pistol rifle configuration. That way you have rifle and pistol on each side.

I might have done a horrible job explaining that second part lol. 

ZCxCkIx.png

#5 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 10 February 2018 - 02:21 PM

Just put the rifle mags in front of, or behind, the pistol? If you're doing your mag changes with your right hand, it should be pretty easy to reach them in one of those two locations while allowing you to have access for your pistol.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#6 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 February 2018 - 02:27 PM

Shoulder holster?  

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#7 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:39 AM

If the op does get a shoulder holster, I hope he gets one in a vertical config instead horizontal.
  • sliestfish likes this

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#8 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:11 AM

If the op does get a shoulder holster, I hope he gets one in a vertical config instead horizontal.

When I was in college, a police officer showed up the first day of a statistics class wearing pleated khakis, a white polo shirt with "police" emblazoned on the back, a horizontal shoulder holster and a little badge on a neck chain. I'll never forget it. This was well before I became a cop myself (although I'm now in mental health). Peculiarly, he sat front row, center. Behind him was a young, college girl. During the class, the girl realized she was staring down the barrel of a loaded pistol, got up, and left the class. The girl behind her soon observed, found discomfort, and changed seats. A husky fellow behind her sort of made a joke of it and got up to move as well, probably to make a scene more than for any other reason, before the professor stops him and inquires why the center aisle was evacuating. Mr husky jokes about the officer's pistol and everyone, myself included, had a good laugh. Officer cool didn't think it was funny or so it seemed because he blushed. I told this story recently and remembered the officer came back for day two of the course but was asked a couple of times if he'd forgotten his gun because he wasn't wearing it that day nor the badge or police shirt. In fact, he looked like any other college kid. He took more ribbing and never came back for a third class session.

In some respects, I feel sad about this now that I'm older, but it speaks on the ridiculous sense of young cops feeling compelled to let others know they're cops. This was probably back when Bad Boys was a popular movie franchise.
  • sliestfish likes this

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#9 sliestfish

sliestfish

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 30 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

Young G.I.'s tend to have the same behaviors. High and tights and unit shirts galore. Speaks volumes about the benefit of concealment.

ZCxCkIx.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users