Photo

Steps to Take After Earning Your HAM Radio License. Dec 18th article. Comms.

comms ham radio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BruceBN

BruceBN

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:22 PM

https://www.itstacti...-radio-license/

Comms Dec 18, 2017. -Scott Drumm

You Passed, Now What  Steps to Take After Earning Your HAM Radio License - ITS Tactical.

This is a great article, A how-to that cut's to the chase without getting bogged down in all the Tech.       

The Kit idea is really appealing,  I'm hoping that this post will catch the eye of some of the  IT'S HAM people.

I'm looking into Yaesu FT298OR (perhaps Kenwood) 

For: A starter Radio. to learn with.  Flexibility home/mobile. perhaps upgrade ability.  <--Tough to do with a limited, less expensive set. (the more money the more you get...)  

As the incredibly intelligent, ' wolfmaster_5000 '  posted: www.portableuniversalpower.com.

I am looking into buying or building my own rack for  mulituse. any other Ideas on that topic?

I'd like to see this article re-organize the HAM's amongst us. I'm a n00b, and I'd be willing to help other newbies.  I'm In Dallas, I'll check FB, what other sources  within the ITS Group

should I look at?

• mangeface likes this

#2 AaronK

AaronK

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationWA

Posted 22 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

I have a multi band mobile in my truck. For emcomm, a base station at home or work doesn't make much sense to me. My truck will be wherever I am (home, work, elsewhere) and battery backup power is already taken care of.

#3 BruceBN

BruceBN

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDallas

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

I have a multi band mobile in my truck. For emcomm, a base station at home or work doesn't make much sense to me. My truck will be wherever I am (home, work, elsewhere) and battery backup power is already taken care of.

I was looking into, lets say a 50W radio, that I can put  in a 'case' and carry around, If i'm in my car I can attach the cars power and antenna and if at home connect a better antenna. etc. I Have a cheap HT for close stuff.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: comms, ham, radio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users