• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 txsheepdog

txsheepdog

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Who's got them?  Which do you like? I have a Microtech Ultratech OTF.  I really wanted a Troodon, but they were no longer in production when I was ready to purchase.  Of course, they are now available again ...
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#2 hcm004

hcm004

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

Had a HALO for a while, it was nice.  Looked really cool.  I took it into the field once though, and got some sand and grit in the action and it was never the same.  Auto's are too temperamental for me.

#3 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

I agree that there seems to be too many moving parts for field use.  also I can't see the speed of the auto being that much of an advantage over a folder with a thumb stud.  But I could be wrong. I had my eye on the Benchmade Infidel for a while but could not justify the expense.
Posted Image

#4 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 948 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:43 AM

^^ This, they are nice in a sterile environment, but introduce some sand and dirt and your asking for trouble.Anyone have any old school switchblades?  I always dug the fights between the Greasers and the Socials (although no knives in this video everyone likes a good fight)… 

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 07 February 2011 - 03:48 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Irishmanlost

Irishmanlost

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

I have a friend who has an old benchmade switchblade which he got in Italy, although he barely ever takes it out due to Ireland ridiculously stupid knife laws/wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_bs.gif. I'm not sure what model but it looks like this, 9100 Auto Stryker.http://www.benchmade.com/products/9100
"The More you sweat in Peace, The less you bleed in war"- Inscription above the entrance to the Navy SEAL Training Center   "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm."- George Orwell

#6 Jester

Jester

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 09:23 PM

I've got a couple...Microtech HALO 2Microtech Makora 2Microtech UTX-70Benchmade AFO SterileBenchmade SpikeMaserin Auto (All the info I have on it, picked it up in France almost 20 years ago) I only use the UTX with any regularity, it rides on my cargo pocket, handy for those times when you need to cut something open.Might actually be selling a couple...
Posted Image

#7 brockb

brockb

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:28 PM

I had a Microtech in Iraq that is out in the sand somewhere.  It was cool but it wasn't so great that I had to get another one.  I'll just stick with my Emerson.

#8 Jester

Jester

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

Just traded my Makora for a custom Cutter Knife and Tool fixed karambit... Pics to follow.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users