• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#41 dingo

dingo

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 07:42 PM

I've started carrying the UZI tactical pen. Posted ImageIt wasn't expensive at all and it also has a space pen ink cartridge. The tip can be a formidable weapon with the grooves on the end. Another thing is that if you do ever have to use this pen in self defense and are able to get a good chunk of the perp the tip can unscrew and there is a little "DNA collecter" inside the pen. It also has some heft so it would be quite a good self defense tool in a pinch.
stay ready.

#42 Foxbatt

Foxbatt

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBedford Texas

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:39 PM

i use the Rite In The Rain tactical black clickerhttp://www.riteintherain.com/ItemForm.aspx?item=97&Category=a2abe046-e9e6-43b6-98e1-a70ba46a49b4 Been useing one for the last number of years. Love it! fits in all my pen slots and in my uniform shirts no issue. only ever broken one and thats cause it got ran over by a forklift. Writes extreamly well no matter what the conditions are and works well as a last ditch weapon.
 Good…Bad….Ugly….Im the guy with the spoon Posted Image

#43 ShadowForce1984

ShadowForce1984

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

Zebra F-301.  Light, Writes extremely well, "professional" looking, and can be easily used as a Self Defensive Device if needed.

#44 readyme

readyme

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:53 AM

I carry a Fisher Space Pen Cap-O-Matic "military" and it has worked great for the past two years.My two requirements are: it must be a 'clicky' and it must use a Fisher refill.I used to carry Bic pens, but they freeze up in the winter when I am writing reports, but the Fisher never has.  I would like to find other pens that fit my criteria, but have not run across other clickis that use Fisher refills.

#45 Echo63

Echo63

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:22 PM

I currently have a EDCF Tuffwriter (limited edition to help the forum)I have been carrying it nearly every day, and it still looks almost new, there is a few dings on the tail and a bit of the black coating on the clip has rubbed off. Posted ImagePosted Image I also have a Black Fisher Bullet in my wallet, and sometimes carry a Baliyo to play with when im bored Posted ImageI would like to get one of the Countycomm Embassy pens, as i think the pointy end of the Tuffwriter is a little too pointy, if i ever had to use it as a percussive persuasion tool

Edited by Echo63, 07 April 2011 - 07:25 PM.

#46 D B

D B

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

I carry a S and W Military and Police. I picked it up for 18 bucks on Amazon.com. Great pen! Bought it for the durability and toughness. Not so much self defense. Im pleased with it. I also had fisher some space pen refils sent with it.

#47 DVLDOG

DVLDOG

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:21 AM

Trebec said:

I rock the Embassy Pen from CountyComm. It's not as expensive as some of the other tactical style pens that I've come across.

How do you like that pen? I have heard a lot of good things about it.
Posted Image

#48 LAPyroFighter

LAPyroFighter

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

I have 3 pens that I alternate through. The CountyComm embassy Stainless.  It's a great pen if you carry it in your pants pocket, but it's weight makes it horrible for shirt pocket carry, or clipping it to where your buttons meet your shirt.  I even try wearing it with my 5.11 shirt sleeve pockets and it's a bit too heavy. My 2nd and favorite is actually the SkilCraft B3 pen.  It's a Rotater pen that has a pencil, Black pen and Red pen.  It's a military Aviator pen that fits perfect in flight suits.  My dad got it for me so it's pretty important to me.  But it's served me well since I've got it. My 3rd and actually least favorite is my fisher brushed chrome bullet.  It's just practical for me so I rarely carry it.  But fisher does make a nice pen. 
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#49 TacticalCloud

TacticalCloud

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:52 AM

Browsing through the comments, I find myself dying to purchase a tactical pen, however that did make me want to bring up a topic about using a pen for..."writing purposes". Most pens in the 3-4 dollar range with fairly sturdy construction will do the trick just fine in a situation. Of course tactical pens will last longer and hur-- i mean "write better", but a 3-4 or even 5 dollar pen with good construction should straighten out a rowdy "paper".

#50 Kenny

Kenny

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWatauga, TX

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

Even though it's not a tactical pen, I have a Fisher Space Pen Cigar Punch Pen on my key ring. I was a little pissed because right after I got it, I found that have a Matte Black Trekker that also goes on a key ring.  Posted Image" alt="" />
Posted Image

"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful. Semper Erectus - Always Hard"

#51 Mark Greenman

Mark Greenman

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:07 PM

Here's an article I recently wrote called "The $7 Tac Pen Shootout."  Its a head to head between the Zebra 701, the stainless steel sharpie, and the Alpha Innovations stylus kubaton. http://mail.myptsmail.com/mercop/blog/?p=1758 As you see from the test, make sure to test whatever you carry, things that are designe for self defense do not always measure up to the task; while innocent objects may hold up surprisingly well.  

#52 AdamGon1978

AdamGon1978

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

I have a Hinderer Investigator Pen and I love it! It is small and discreetlooking. It is also customizable as I have the Flat End Attachment which makesit even more discreet and can be carried everywhere. It is extremely well madeand uses standard Fisher Space refills. Also it less expensive than other highend tactical pens at $60.

#53 beley

beley

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:06 PM

I also carry the Embassy Pen. I hav both the black anodized alum and the titanium. Love the weight of the Ti.

#54 berserkirtec

berserkirtec

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

I loved my Schrade 2nd Generation Tactical Pen...until my wife stole it. So, I'll be ordering a new one soon. My only gripe was the cheap ass off-brand ballpoint ink insert and the clip's bottom portion protrudes outward. The ink insert started to leak almost immediately. Thankfully the screw cap prevents any ink from leaving the housing. I then immediately purchased a Parkers rollerball ink insert replacement. The pen works flawlessly now. Since the pen's clip protrudes outward, the clip has the potential to scrape, rip, or catch on anything that rubs up against it. I do love the fact that this pen is also very light and easy to carry. ;)
Posted Image

#55 Rsy8806

Rsy8806

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

I carry the UZI tactical pen from CampCo, its strong and sturdy, using the fisher pen refills, and in the top has a glass breaker and when unscrewed holds a hidden handcuff key built it. Its probably a little much but has alot of features for only $20

#56 michael star

michael star

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

I carry a Uniball disposable pen. Much less obvious than a true tactical pen.

#57 berserkirtec

berserkirtec

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAlbuquerque, NM

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I carry a Uniball disposable pen. Much less obvious than a true tactical pen.

I'm not worried about obvious. I figure that my large ZT folding knife and Glock 19 that I also carry allow for my tactical pen to be viewed much less obvious. ;)

#58 cfb3

cfb3

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

I carry the United Tactical Pen. $15.00 off of Ebay. Love it. Posted Image

#59 michael star

michael star

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:29 AM

I'm not worried about obvious. I figure that my large ZT folding knife and Glock 19 that I also carry allow for my tactical pen to be viewed much less obvious. ;)

lol, good point!

#60 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:38 AM

I started carrying the Parker Jotter recently. It's not quite as tactical or impressive as some of the pens mentioned here, but it works for being the grey man and blending in. I picked up the jotter after reading this article by Bryan on the ITS website. It seems tough enough to use as a defensive tool in a pinch. Maybe not a serious weapon, but I think it would still be better than a bic. Anyone else carrying the jotter?

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users