5 replies to this topic

#1 Koopa

Koopa

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 April 2018 - 06:56 AM

Guys, my ITS EDC Trauma Kit has finally expired. I consider this a good thing as I never had to use it! I'm looking to replace it and see a couple of options, interested in your thoughts. The one I have is the older generation which contains a SWAT tourniquet, combat gauze, and gloves.

The current generation from ITS contains a SOFT tourniquet instead of the SWAT, and cost $100. https://store.itstac...trauma-kit.html

Or I could get one nearly identical to the one I have today, from Dark Angel Medical, for half the cost. http://darkangelmedi...ini-trauma-kit/

Does anyone have the current edition ITS kit and how bulky is it? Obviously the SOFT is far superior to the SWAT, but what is the difference in weight and comfort in the back pocket?

I'm also open to other options if anyone has a better idea.

#2 Koopa

Koopa

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 April 2018 - 01:48 PM

Crickets.

#3 Spartan24

Spartan24

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNorthern AZ

Posted 24 April 2018 - 05:16 PM

Forums been particularly dead recently. Let me get home and take a pic of the one I have.
  • Koopa likes this

Last wish? I wish... You had... More time.

#4 ArkansasFan

ArkansasFan

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 360 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 08:34 AM

Guys, my ITS EDC Trauma Kit has finally expired. I consider this a good thing as I never had to use it! I'm looking to replace it and see a couple of options, interested in your thoughts. The one I have is the older generation which contains a SWAT tourniquet, combat gauze, and gloves.

The current generation from ITS contains a SOFT tourniquet instead of the SWAT, and cost $100. https://store.itstac...trauma-kit.html

Or I could get one nearly identical to the one I have today, from Dark Angel Medical, for half the cost. http://darkangelmedi...ini-trauma-kit/

Does anyone have the current edition ITS kit and how bulky is it? Obviously the SOFT is far superior to the SWAT, but what is the difference in weight and comfort in the back pocket?

I'm also open to other options if anyone has a better idea.

Yes, even flat folding the SOF T Wide toruniquet leaves more than I will out in my pants pocket. I do keep one in my EDC bag and another elsewhere. However, it's a much lower profile than a CAT. I suppose it really depends on how you plan to carry it.

CrewLeaderSignature.png‚Äč

#5 Koopa

Koopa

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 118 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:32 AM

Thanks guys. I carry the EDC Kit in my back left pocket. So I'm not really excited about the idea of sitting on a SOFT (it's probably not as soft as its name would suggest).

I keep a CAT readily accessible in my bag, among many other items. My bag is with me most of the time, but I like having the pocket kit for the times when I'm not close to the bag.

In my opinion it is not possible to self-apply a SWAT to one's own arm. A SOFT woule be a little eaiser, and a CAT even easier than that. BUT, nothing beats the compact/portability of the SWAT.

Actually, come to think of it; the only component of my current kit that would've expired is the combat gauze. So I could just replace that save a bit.

I think it will stick with the configuration I have now. It makes sense to me, and saves me $50. Unless one of you enablers object?

#6 ducttapedave

ducttapedave

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan

Posted 28 April 2018 - 08:55 PM

If I can get a few minutes away from work I can snap a picture or three of the ankle rig I've been running. Also really like the Tourniquick. But that may not be a carried item, but attached to something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users