• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Luckydollar

Luckydollar

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:03 AM

I just finished a Schrade "Old Timer" folder as a gift for my son. His Platoon all wear ITS patches so I thought the logo would look great on the knife.One thing you will notice is that I put the skull knotch on the left side. I do not copy logo's or other peoples work exactly in my engraving so I always modify it slightly. Not only do I worry about copyright laws I prefer to do my own drawing. I hope you like my work./wp-content/forum-image-uploads/luckydollar/Sharade-finished-003.JPG    /wp-content/forum-image-uploads/luckydollar/Sharade-finished-004.JPG
Luckydollar No guts, No glory. JTCengraving.com

#2 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

How do you do the engraving? Looks like a great idea for a gift!

#3 Luckydollar

Luckydollar

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

I do all my engraving with hand gravers. I have a GRS Gravermach for air power when I have a bunch of metal to cut out of background. It is all custom work, hand drawn designs and engraved one at a time.I do a lot of gun and knife engraving for LEO's and military. Everything from Challange coins to Hip flasks./wp-content/forum-image-uploads/luckydollar/At-the-bench-020.JPG  /wp-content/forum-image-uploads/luckydollar/Buck-knife-2-005.JPG Here's how I do it. Each engraving cut of the design is done with very sharp gravers and I use a microscope for really fine detail like the Buck Gentlemans knife in the photo above. Glad you like it.
Luckydollar No guts, No glory. JTCengraving.com

#4 Centurion

Centurion

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 69 posts
  • LocationTwin Cities Metro Area, MN

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

Beautiful work, that turned out awesome.
Posted Image

#5 LionHart

LionHart

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:36 AM

Luckydollar, That is an amazing talent. Truly great work!

#6 Blade Stalker

Blade Stalker

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:02 PM

This looks great! Give an old knife a whole new look.... a pocket OPS! /wp-content/forum-smileys/anim_beer.gif
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users