8 replies to this topic

#1 irpglick

irpglick

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBurlington, NJ, USA

Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:18 PM

So I'm in the market for my first privately owned firearm, specifically a pistol. The only pistol I've ever shot is the Beretta 9mm when I was in the Army and to be honest I really couldn't stand the thing. Too clunky and I felt like if I ever accidentally bumped the thing it would break. Some people around my way recommended a Walther since I have slightly smaller hands and they thought it would be a little easier to control when I fire and great accuracy, even though control and accuracy were never an issue before.

I live in NJ so just a heads up that whatever I decide to buy will take 51949489 years to get my hands on... I'll take whatever recommendations you guys have and I'll fire as many as I can before making a decision.

Not sure if I'm gonna go for my concealed carry or not but let's assume for the sake of argument that it would be a factor. Better safe than sorry... Thanks everybody!

P.S. I'll be shooting at Gun For Hire in Woodland Park, NJ for anyone here from the Garden State. I know the guy who owns it, he's running for a NRA seat and has an open petition right now I think and if anyone wants to check it out I think its on his website gunforhire.com

• RidgeKew likes this

#2 Spartan24

Spartan24

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNorthern AZ

Posted 26 August 2018 - 09:48 PM

How do you feel about Glocks? A 19 might be worth a look based on the situation you are in as described by you.

Last wish? I wish... You had... More time.

#3 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 29 August 2018 - 02:04 PM

My first carry pistol was a glock 23, and since 2014 I've used a glock 19... basically the same gun just in 9mm. My next carry gun is going to be a glock 19 as well (current carry is a limited edition LAV signature glock) that I am going to get some frame and slide mods made to it including RMR cuts and moving the irons to in front of the RMR.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#4 irpglick

irpglick

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 04:32 PM

I haven't fired a Glock yet, so I'll be adding the 19 and the 23 to my list! Thanks guys

#5 Spartan24

Spartan24

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 177 posts
  • LocationNorthern AZ

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:26 PM

In all honesty, I’m a huge of the Glock 26. If I could only have one gun, that’d be it. It’s Glocks subcompact. Might be too small for your needs. Today I handled a 19X for the first time. I have to say I like that a lot more than I thought I would. So much so I’m considering selling off some of my other Glocks to fund one.

Last wish? I wish... You had... More time.

#6 irpglick

irpglick

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:03 PM

Glock 26 added to the list! What's the price range on some of these Glocks? When I was younger I thought that most firearms cost an arm and a leg, but they tend to be pretty affordable.

I did fire the Walther PPQ Subcompact 9mm and I liked it. Don't know if most subcompacts have the same size & weight to them...

#7 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

Glock 26 added to the list! What's the price range on some of these Glocks? When I was younger I thought that most firearms cost an arm and a leg, but they tend to be pretty affordable.

I did fire the Walther PPQ Subcompact 9mm and I liked it. Don't know if most subcompacts have the same size & weight to them...

I think my lgs quoted me at $400 cash for a gen 4 glock 19

#8 irpglick

irpglick

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:49 AM

Oh WOW I really thought I'd be spending so much more than that...

#9 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 18 September 2018 - 02:56 PM

Oh WOW I really thought I'd be spending so much more than that...

Well, unless you're going to the same gun store as me, then you may :P

I'm not sure if that's his normal cash price or if I got a hidden discount bc we were both in the Corps and stationed at the same base, but 25 years apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users