14 replies to this topic

#1 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:43 AM

I figured I would post up what all I have in the pattern so folks can get an idea of what is available.  Please post up anything you may have in A-TACS to add to the list. TAG Mountain RuckPosted Image Posted Image TAG Marine Gladiator chest rig:Posted Image Posted Image Various Pouches (ask if you want info on a particular one)Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image I have on order a set of Propper BDUs and a Assault pack from Grey Ghost, will post them up when they get here.
Posted Image

#2 Irishmanlost

Irishmanlost

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

That's pretty cool I like A-TACS more than multi-cam, looks cooler. What enviroment would you say it performs the best in ?
"The More you sweat in Peace, The less you bleed in war"- Inscription above the entrance to the Navy SEAL Training Center   "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence upon those who would do us harm."- George Orwell

#3 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 26 March 2011 - 09:43 AM

It seems to work best in arid, rocky and dirty urban environments.  They are supposed to release woodland and snow versions in the future.

Edited by jinx667, 26 March 2011 - 09:44 AM.

Posted Image

#4 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:07 PM

Tactical Tailor assault pack from Grey Ghost Posted Image Propper ACU Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 muaddib

muaddib

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

Looks great! A-TACS certainly looks awesome and I am sure it works for its intended environment. I also think it works better for civilians since it doesn't look right off the bat like a "camo pattern" per say, so if you are traveling its not going to raise too many eye brows. Just an opinion.

#6 B3dlam

B3dlam

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationWarrenton, OR

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

Posted Image

HSGI suregrip belt and all patches in atacs.

itstacticalsig_zpsb04268f7.jpg

#7 Jersey0311

Jersey0311

Bullets and Bandages

• Crew Leader
  • 1,021 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

How do you like the HSGI Bleeder/Blowout pouch? I've been looking at picking one or two up and was wondering if they can hold a decent amount of med stuff.

Currently work EMS so I'm always looking for better ways to carry my shears. I currently run an IFAK and CAT in a cargo pocket at work, and my radio pouch also holds my shears, but they fall out constantly.
  • brotherrondell likes this

TBL-2.png

In Memory Of Our Fallen - OEF - Afghanistan - Lima VIII

Rest Easy Brothers, We'll Take It From Here. We'll Keep The Light Burning.

#8 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

ITS sells a nice bungie for shears that I keep on mine. That's not to say it wont pop out but at least they will be retained.
http://www.itstactic...mojo-retractor/

I went through a whole 3 day Haley course and mine stayed put in the molle strapping so thankfully I don't have the issue but I would hate to need them and not have them there.

Back on topic though I really am starting to like the woodland ATAC-s camo, but right now there are so many patterns out there that it is easy to get distracted by a new camo.
Woodland Kryptek looks pretty good too.

Edited by DStevenson, 23 August 2013 - 05:52 AM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#9 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

...I really am starting to like the woodland ATAC-s camo, but right now there are so many patterns out there that it is easy to get distracted by a new camo.
Woodland Kryptek looks pretty good too.

I've gotta agree, the camo market is exploding right now. I think A-TACS is a great option, but the various Kryptek patterns look like they would be phenomenal too. And thanks to jinx667 for posting the pics of your A-TACS kit.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#10 Lao

Lao

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 336 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

I've gotta agree, the camo market is exploding right now. I think A-TACS is a great option, but the various Kryptek patterns look like they would be phenomenal too. And thanks to jinx667 for posting the pics of your A-TACS kit.

I LOVE the Kryptek patterns... now that's cammo :)
  • LongHaul and Scot McK like this
Posted Image

#11 ARM_Alaska

ARM_Alaska

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 69 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, Alaska

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

I LOVE the Kryptek patterns... now that's cammo :)

It's pretty cool knowing Kryptek was founded and is operated right here in Fairbanks, Alaska. They have some AWESOME new patterns coming out over the next year or so. My favorite, due to living in a snowy environment, is the Yeti camo patttern. Their stuff really does wonders for concealment in all types of environments.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#12 SteveSOS

SteveSOS

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 342 posts
  • LocationAnchorage Alaska

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:59 AM

I love A-TACS.... was my favorite camo, I had so much stuff in A-TACS then I couldn't find a plate carrier outdoor clothing... or another good gear in A-TACS... I was sad and to multicam I went.

I don't mind multicam I just don't really like the fanboys that come with it. It apparently means that you are super mega ninja Ranger SEAL Green Beret Special Forces CAG Awesome, or at least around here. Our state cops donned multicam and apparently it turned them all into super operators. I really am glad that Multicam made them shoot better and be more skillful in general... if only it made them less 4x sizey...

But I digress... A-TACS is a better camo... works better in more areas and has no discernible pattern...Damn remington for killing A-TACS

Posted Image

#13 TTIME

TTIME

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

I like that Grey Ghost Pack. May need to pick one up. 

#14 pvtpuke1911

pvtpuke1911

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 25 posts
  • LocationChesapeake VA

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

Just picked up US Palm's Desert Tracker in ATACS-AU. I really like it, and it fits over my duty armor well. Let's hope some a-hole never starts shooting at a mall/school
"Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

#15 RKlenka

RKlenka

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFort Worth, Texas

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Im a fan of the A-TACs as well. I think it blends in the best but also like the fact that it doesn't scream "CAMO" like a of the other stiles do. Im still a fan of OD green as well so :P

Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Instructor, ACT Instructor, ALIVE! Combatives Instructor, Systema Instructor, American Ninjutsu Instructor, CTCTG Instructor/Facilitator, blah blah blah and so on.
http://www.fortworthcombatives.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users