Photo

TRU Combat Shirt for other style uniforms?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RA09

RA09

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 73 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 08:37 PM

I don't know if TRU SPEC is the only company making them but the TRU Combat Shirt is a great idea for thinning out layers underneath gear (ie harness/vest etc.)Has anyone come across it (or have any pull with the manufacturer) in navy blue with standard unifrom sleeves?  My hope is to find it with the standard T-Shirt type material throughout the body with the "dress" uniform sleeve to put patches on and wear under our outer vest carriers on duty.  Long sleeve and short sleeve, either way would help in day to day wear.I've seen it available in many different colors but always with the ACU style sleeves.file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/RYANAL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png
Posted Image

#2 Michael Adams

Michael Adams

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 07:59 PM

I looked into this about a year ago and neither TRU-SPEC nor Propper were making the wicking type shirt with the BDU/ACU style sleeves in blue on blue. I imagine there's not enough demand for a production run. I was trying to get about 600 made and they weren't interested.

#3 Ray

Ray

Swabbie

• Plank Owner
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:54 AM

u could always do one of your own...take like a blue wicking shirt and the duty shirt you wear to a tailor and have them sew on the sleeves to your wicking shirt...i did that with some ACU's before my last trip and this was before the army combat shirt came out...it wasn't bad, but after some use, i knew where improvements could be made.  history now though with all the different types of combat shirts coming out.  just my two cents.
Posted ImageYou can't volunteer to go to War and then bitch about getting shot at. - COL Ferrando, 1st Recon BN

#4 RA09

RA09

Mate

• Plank Owner
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 04:11 AM

I have been intending to do this for about a year now.  As soon as I get time I am going to try it out.  My partner does some tailoring and has the equipment so it is just a matter of finding 30 spare minutes.  It just hasn't gotten to the top of the list yet.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users