• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Cheap_Seats

Cheap_Seats

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

I carry several things day in and out, no matter where I am, no matter where I go.Glock 19 Surefire E2E WETSU Survival TinLeatherman WaveDepending on planned outings I add to, but I never take away from these basic 4 things.The first and foremost thing to EDC is proper mindset.Every day in my vehicles are ammo resupply, medical kits, emergency kits, changes of clothing, and communications equipment.I try to follow the philosophy of being prepared for anything. You can't prepare for everything, but you can prepare for anything.To me preparedness is becoming a way of life. From what I carry in my pockets, to extra food at the house, bug out gear, and training. I try to prepare in layers. i.e. small inconveniences, 1-3 day power outages, longer outages, economic/societal deevolution, zombie attack. 
Posted Image

#2 5Solas

5Solas

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:43 AM

Organize before they rise!In all seriousness, I agree completely that EDC is a mindset more than what you have as well as the thought that you have a minimum kit no matter what and the additions make it customized to the situation rather than seperate kits for each.
Posted Image
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." - Robert E. Lee

#3 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:08 PM

Hey @Cheap_Seats - How is that WETSU survival tin?  That looks like a great little addition to my own EDC. Packed full of goodies!

#4 Cheap_Seats

Cheap_Seats

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 04:43 PM

I really like the WETSU survival tin. There are more complexly (don't know if that's a word) stocked survival kits available on the market, but the WETSU tin really has all the bases covered in a in small package. For EDC in a quick romp in the woods it is perfect. If I were doing field work or was on an extended mission in the Stan, I would want something closer to what Lofty Wiseman promotes in his SAS survival guide.Another plus for me is that the WETSU tin is hand made here in the States by good dude who has put a lot of thought into it. 

Edited by Cheap_Seats, 14 February 2010 - 12:45 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Beelzububba

Beelzububba

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:20 PM

came across this link while looking for info on the WETSU kit. Interesting. http://www.oobject.c.../survival-kits/
/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/PlankOwnerSignature.png

"Attitude is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than what people do or say. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill." – W.C. Fields

#6 brockb

brockb

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:35 PM

WETSU Survival Tinhttp://www.tacticalr........ts_id=2818Posted ImageContents: Small stainless micro tool-style varies but they always have pliers, wire cutter, knife, screw drivers. Maglite Solitaire flashlight Fishing Kit Oil filled compass Bic mini lighter matches tinder cube hacksaw blade brass wire cordage (waxed artificial sinew) 8 oz sealable water bag safety pins Iodine prep-water treatment All inside a metal tin, coated w/ baked-on OD Alumahyde, serial numbered and held extra tight with a Ranger band. Stuck inside is also duct tape, two types of match strikers and the lid is shiny enough to serve as a signal miror.

#7 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:48 AM

Bought myself an ETA Kit yesterday, should go nicely with my SWAT go-bag.  Saw an article in SWAT Magazine this month about the TOPS Knives Survival Neck Wallet... has some cool stuff in it, might have to get one.http://www.topsknives.com/product_info.php?products_id=278Packaged with each wallet you will find the following tools:1. TOPS own Survival Whistle independently tested at 126 decibels.2. TOPS Pocket size Survival Saw.3. Compass.4. The TOPS Firestarter with Ferrocium Rod  and magnesium.5. Traditional P 38 military can opener/Firestarter striker.6. Offset Phillips/flat head Screwdriver.7. TOPS Dog Tag Signal Mirror.8. LED Flashlight.9. Lansky Quick Fix Sharpener.10. Monofilament HD Line 24 ft11. Snap Link  3/16 " x 2.0 "12. Ranger Rubber Band13. Razor Blade14. Heavy Duty Sail Needle15. FRESNEL LENS  3 X, MAGNIFIER, FIRE STARTERhttp://www.topsknives.com/product_thumb.php?img=images/snw01.jpg&w=276&h=207

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#8 ssmith3351

ssmith3351

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

I've been trying to develop and refine a EOD kit. A balance between functionality and options. I've resorted to keeping a personal EOD and a larger one in my truck. Just in case. ~Steve
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#9 Cheap_Seats

Cheap_Seats

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 01:46 PM

EOD? I'm not familiar with that?
Posted Image

#10 ssmith3351

ssmith3351

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:59 AM

Cheap_Seats said:

EOD? I'm not familiar with that?

Apologies...should have read EDC.  ~Steve
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#11 Cheap_Seats

Cheap_Seats

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

Ah, I wondered. I was thinking of all the acronyms and was lost. Cool.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users