Photo

Shellback Tactical Banshee PC and Ares Combat XII pack (A-TACS)

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 eagledesigncorp

eagledesigncorp

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

is there a web site for the Ares integrated pack.
I cant seem to find it
Posted Image
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart......Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

#22 BLACK

BLACK

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

@jinx - how long have you had it and what are the pro's and con's from your perspective? I'm in the market for a PC and have been looking at Mayflower and P.I.G. so far...

Allow me a minute or two of rambling about my Banshee PC;

I have personally been running the Banshee PC for about 2 years with stand alone level 3 ceramic plates( which I have not taken out accept for one time when I put the rig in the shower to wash it down).
I have come to love this plate carrier as it is pretty versatile and has an amicable price tag.
I drove to TAG and purchased mine so I received their "walk in discount" of 25%.
@ 100.00 or so its hard to contend with the value and the bombproof warranty.
Its rugged and durable as I have crawled through bushes, under cars , over walls and anything else I can think of to do in it. I have yet to see any burrs in the stiches or tears or wear of any kind....typical boring reliability one can expect from TAG.
The removable cumberbund is a nice feature as well as the kangaroo pouch in the front that is filled with velcro. The pouch has housed a myriad of things including knives, mags and pistols. I have dropped a pistol a couple of times while running in in the rig so I dont put them in ther anymore, mags and knives tend to stay put. A flat holster with a velcro tab on it will stay in that pouch and not come out but I was just putting a bare pistol in there.
I have yet to find any real CONS with this rig as it adjust easily and will allow coverage of the suprasternal notch.
The only thing I can think of to augment the rig would be removable shoulder pads.
It is comfortable enough to run around in all day and it can be configured for concealment as well.
Sometimes I forget I have it on.
There is plenty of webbing and loops for coms or water hoses and what have you.
Without the cumberbund its pretty easy to drop the load. It can be dropped with the cumberbund but not without a couple extra steps and some velcro noise.
Its a buy once cry once type deal and I dont think anyone would be dissapointed with their purchase.

Forgive any mispelling or grammatical errors.

CHeers

#23 BLACK

BLACK

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

is there a web site for the Ares integrated pack.
I cant seem to find it

aresarmor.com
Combat 12 pack (XII)

#24 BLACK

BLACK

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

I have the PIG as well and the PIG is as good as it gets. With that said, the Banshee is 1/3 the price (I paid <$100), very high quality and USA made.  The shoulder straps are not the best design I have seen, but they work.  That can easily be remedied but adding the HSGI shoulder pads.  The carrier is not much bigger than the plate, so there is limited MOLLE space, but that can be a good thing and can help keep things simple.  The cummerbund will not accept soft armor, but you can attach a hard plate carrier.  It is easy to get the plates nice and high where they belong. I just picked up the Banshee, so time will tell overall.  I have a ton of TAG gear (the sewer for Shellback), and it is all high quality. I would say for anyone on a budget, do not even look at overseas made gear when this is out there.

For augmentations, one can easily use the kit provided by Ares Armor for their Aspis plate carrier.

#25 eagledesigncorp

eagledesigncorp

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

is the ARES gear made in the USA??
Posted Image
So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart......Sing your death song and die like a hero going home.

#26 jinx667

jinx667

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

is the ARES gear made in the USA??

Yes
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users