Photo

What's in your pockets/on wrists right this moment?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#21 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

@JLS - you carry a full size 1911?  Awesome! I hear people say it can't be done but I knew it was possible!  Also, how do you like the Taurus?  I hear decent things about them. The PT1911 is a good price for what you get.  I'd love to try one sometime.  Nice blade too!

#22 JLS

JLS

Landlubber

• Plank Owner
  • 7 posts
  • LocationNashville, TN

Posted 24 March 2010 - 05:02 AM

Thanks, I like the CRKT. It's definitely possible to carry a full sized 1911. /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_cool.gif I've carried all kinds of stuff the years Glock 17, Glock 23, Beretta 92FS, Bersa 380 Thunder, 1911 Springfield GI, and now this Taurus PT1911.I started looking at them when they first came on the market. To be fair I've owned other Taurus guns like thier PT92, 24/7, and a few of their revolvers. They make a good product for a fair price and I've never had any problems with it despite the reputation they have from the old days. I really like the ambi-saftey on this one, and the HEINE sights. They definitely have put a lot of thought into this gun. It shoots well and I haven't had any types of malfunctions from it.Fun video to check out for the Taurus PT 1911, this guy does 901 rounds through it over 10 minutes.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx7HYgTWAsg

Edited by JLS, 24 March 2010 - 12:24 PM.

Posted Image

#23 MuayThai

MuayThai

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:01 AM

Phone/EDC pouchPosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by mikejulietpapa, 29 March 2010 - 12:17 PM.

/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/PlankOwnerSignature-Ver2.png

Practice makes permanent, not perfect, so do it right.

#24 PsychoFish

PsychoFish

Salty Dog

• Plank Owner
  • 474 posts
  • LocationDusty Ole AZ

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

Usual EDC-Money Clip with IDs, credit cards, small amount of cash, etc-Cash seperate-Benchmade-Keys - house, vehicle, handcuff, ferro rod, as well as a Gerber Artifact (love it!)-G19 IWB at the 2-3 o'clock position-G19 mag at the 7-8 position-Blackberry-Bandana-Leatherman-Paracord bracelet on my wrist at all times-E2D (original)on duty in addition to above most of the time,the G19  and support is swapped for a G21 as well as the normal duty gear (taser, JPX, cuffs etc.)
Posted Image
There's threats everywhere, and the world is draped in [Multicam]

#25 Arch

Arch

Landlubber

• Plank Owner
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

What's in my pockets:Posted ImageAnyone else carry a Spydie?Best,David
Posted Image"Know thy enemy and know thyself and you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.” ~ Sun Tzu

#26 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:09 AM

David.L said:What's in my pockets:Anyone else carry a Spydie?Best,David

I have a Bob Lum Folding Tanto from Spyderco that I carry on occasion.  Great knife, but now that it's discontinued, I'd hate to lose it.

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#27 brewmanbrett

brewmanbrett

Landlubber

• Plank Owner
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

Posted ImageWalther PPS 9mm in Don Hume IWB.Spare 8rd w/CorBon 115gr+P.  Usually Isreali Carry.  Currently loading it with the 7rd mag for a low-pro and full grip.Leatherman Micra w/keysTweezers (bc the ones on the leatherman broke years ago)Blistex, Wallet, Cheap pen.  "Not so freshly" out of Listerine strips.Lighter & ShermansThe phone that everybody and their dog has, but I don't care cause it's freakin awesome.Benchmade 940 – plain edge kinda guy.550 bracelet w/no plastic (made my own)Fenix LD20Gorilla Tape on an old hotel key card, stays in wallet.550 wrapped Church Key.  Never know when you might have to "pop a top".

Edited by brewmanbrett, 05 April 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#28 9chase26

9chase26

Life Member

• Plank Owner
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:00 PM

brewmanbrett said:Posted Image"Walther PPS 9mm in Don Hume IWB.Spare 8rd w/CorBon 115gr+P.  Usually Isreali Carry.  Currently loading it with the 7rd mag for a low-pro and full grip."

Just wondering what you think of the PPS, I've been wanting to get one for several months now.  Also, what is Israeli carry?

Edited by 9chase26, 05 April 2010 - 09:02 PM.

PlankOwnerSignature.png "Vive la mort, vive la guerre, vive le sacre mercenaire"

#29 brewmanbrett

brewmanbrett

Landlubber

• Plank Owner
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:51 PM

Isreali Carry is basically Condition 3, or hammer down and no round in the chamber.  Some say it's foolish, but I have my reasons.Overall I like the PPS a lot.  I've got a couple gripes about it, but I wouldn't trade for anything else but an HK P7.The sights aren't great, the finger groove on the front strap is too high (might dremel it down), and I think the interchangeable backstrap safety mechanism is liability and a goofy idea.  If the backstrap is off, the gun won't fire, and I had to replace a part on mine to get it to stay on.  I haven't had any problems since, and most people don't have any problems, but it's an unnecessary complication.  BTW, customer service at Smith & Wesson was great to deal with, and I think they have the problem figured out.On the upside?  It's sexy, very accurate, super slim, rated for +P, has 3 different mag sizes so you can tailor the fit/concealment, and it's simple (same battery of arms as a glock).Cheers!

#30 OscarDelta

OscarDelta

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 05:38 AM

What's in my pockets?Posted ImageESS FLYBY SunglassesWatchTEKNA Private Eye Flashlight (Circa.1988)Plastic Universal Handcuff KeysWallet/Cards etcCoinsSERE Bracelet (Kevlar Braided Cord with Plastic Handcuff Key Installed)FRS (Folding Razor Saw)SpacepenNokia N97 Mini with OtterBox Commuter Case

Edited by Karl, 15 April 2010 - 01:32 PM.

#31 ttomcat

ttomcat

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:22 AM

My keychain EDC atmPosted Imagenot shown on picture* SpecOps The Wallet JR* SUUNTO Core All Back

#32 Scuba CN

Scuba CN

Salty Dog

• Crew Member
  • 488 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

Clockwise from the Top Left:• Cell phone sporting black with white skull ITS banner• pen• assited opening "Paratrooper" knife (no name, just paratrooper logo), clipped in front right pocket• Solar Force L2 flashlit with attack bezel in sleath on left hip of my belt• Buck Knives "Bucktool" kept in sheath on right hip of my belt• Swiss Army Knife with name engraved on handle kept in belt sheath (only carried occasionally)• front pocket wallet (came with trifold wallet) with added money clip• trifold Fossil wallet• note book.I have my Master Diver certification card in my front pocket wallet and my Dive Con card in my trifold wallet that way I'll still have picture ID in case either wallet gets lost or stolen.1.) ClosedPosted Image2.) OpenPosted Image

Edited by Scuba CN, 24 May 2010 - 08:15 PM.

#33 justlikeneo

justlikeneo

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:49 AM

Posted ImageCool topic/question - after looking at a few posts on here I've got to add an additional mag to carry for my Glock.  Here is my everyday carry stuff.  Clockwise from bottom left of the photo. 1. Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe IWB Holster with my Glock 23.  I am considering sending it to get the optional "combat cut".  This is my favorite holster.  crossbreedholsters.com2. BLACKHAWK! Serpa Level II Holster (when wearing my 5.11 Casual Covert button up shirts)3. 5.11 single mag pouch for my flashlight4. Omega Seamaster 120 Automatic watch5. ITS style paracord bracelet6. Wallet7. Keys with cheap carabiner and paracord8. Lighter9. CRKT Blade10. Streamlight Strion LED Flashlight (Awesome light)
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" – George Santayana

#34 BanditJack

BanditJack

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image
(Left to right, top to bottom)
1. Handcuff Key
2. Gerber Paraframe knife (small)
3. Generic spring assisted knife
4. Smith & Wesson Emergency Responder knockoff (best folder I've had)
5. Gerber Artifact on chain
6. Wallet
7. MarPat Boonie
8. Business Cards
9. Aviators
10. Small first aid kit
11. Length of paracord (I have not yet made myself a bracelet, but will be thanks to ITS)
12. Keys!
13. Crappy, but functional and abuse withstanding phone.
14. Zebra M-301 .50mm full steel graphite pencil  :)
15. Pen & Sharpie
16. Strion Streamlight (@justlikeneo: They ARE awesome lights!)
17. 4GB flash drive
18. small Moleskine notebook & gum
19. Multitool & spare knife
I spend most of my time on a college campus, and am not quite yet 21, so I do not have an EDC pistol.
I also forgot to take off my watch, which is always on.

Edited by BanditJack, 25 May 2010 - 11:11 PM.

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready." ~Theodore Roosevelt, May 13, 1903/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#35 agentofwrath13

agentofwrath13

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern United States

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:48 AM

• Suunto Vector
  • Strider SNG
  • Keys with sere saw,razor blade, tweezers, whistle, and can opener
  • Moleskin notebook
  • Tac pen Smith & Wesson
  • Spec Ops Wallet
  • Paracord survival bracelet
  • IFAK(Individual First Aid Kit)/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf_headbang.gif 

#36 hcm004

hcm004

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

brewmanbrett:That wrapped Church Key is awesome!  Would you be willing to post instructions?  Since going back to school I moonlight behind a bar, and I'd love to do that to mine.

#37 mr.smashy

mr.smashy

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:53 PM

Posted ImageEyeglassesSolar atomic G-ShockShrade tac penBeat up Jack Spade cammie walletSureFire L1Emerson Mini CQC-7Samsung Blackjack II SmartphoneSansdisk Cruizer 4GBGerber Shard*Keys not shown

#38 med xlt

med xlt

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:31 AM

Posted ImageWalletSunglassesTimex ExpeditionEagleTac P20C2 MarkIIBenchmade Mini GriptilianKeys with Pico Widgy Pry Bar and Fenix L0D

#39 biggin215

biggin215

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:35 PM

Right now? Well I am relaxing at home after a bike ride so my cell phone and Kabar Dozier. At work/dressed up: Spyderco Stretch, Benchmade Grip, Cell, Wallet, keys + keypsafe, Sig P220 (work only in serpa lvl 1), extra mag, and OC or ASP.Athletic shorts: Spyderco Stretch, phone, keys +keypsafe, wallet, OC

#40 pawatso3

pawatso3

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:31 AM

Maybe I roll underprepared but I think in 90% of situations as long as I have my Suunto (or Omega...), keys, ID and Cash or Debit Card and my phone I'm probably good.   Sometimes in regards to situational awareness I carry a gun, but not often.  I almost never carry a knife, besides a small keychain Swiss Army. 
"Macho posturing and jingoistic bullshit mean nothing in the face of adversity. Professionalism and competence are the only way to go."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users