15 replies to this topic

#1 tdbarge

tdbarge

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNOVA

Posted 14 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

Looking to downgrade from my large stuffed full wallet to a money clip when I get home. I've gotten so used to not carrying a massive wallet over here so want to be able to keep it lite. Planning on carrying cash, debit card, and ID in a money clip and keeping my wallet with the rest of the cards etc in my EDC bag So, anyone have a good suggestion for a (preferably titanium) money clip?

#2 IdahoMike

IdahoMike

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:00 AM

Ask and ye shall recieve, m-clip.comThese are no doubt the sweetest clips on the planet.
"The hair on the back of your neck never lies, it never lies"   ~GySgt La Sage

#3 Omer Baker

Omer Baker

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:42 PM

I've used a binder clip for a few years now. If you can swipe one from work, they don't cost a thing, if you can't it's pocket change.  They last for years.  Depending on how much stuff you want to carry, you can get a couple of sizes.  I use one size for everyday stuff and if I go on vacation and only need my ID, a credit card and a room card, I use a smaller size.Posted Image
  • Condition Write and Kurtka Jerker like this

#4 tdbarge

tdbarge

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNOVA

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:54 PM

Great suggestions, guys!

#5 twebster

twebster

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

I actually carry a 'dump clip' (a clip with $40 and some of the example credit cards that you get sent in offers) when I'm going to a downtown venue that's hostile to CCW.  I haven't had a problem yet, but figure being able to offer that up may keep things from getting too far out of hand. Brookstone makes a decent one (got it as a gift).  Leather covered with slots for cards on the back.

#6 911ert

911ert

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

I have one from Moneyclamp.com. Heck it even opens up a beer bottle!

#7 thinbluelion

thinbluelion

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 90 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

my wallet is a $8 leather business card holder from Office Depot. It has an ID window and slots for cards.  It is nice and thin and only a hair larger than a driver's license. Cash I keep in a separate pocket.

#8 coreymol

coreymol

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:48 AM

I use the smart money clip carrys a few cards up front and cash or a few other cards in the clip part. Carry it in my front pocket. Ive had it for years now and tried to go away from it but keep coming back

#9 TomS

TomS

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

I like the slim clip. Can be had on *bay for like five bucks!

#10 Swise

Swise

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGulf South

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:21 AM

Ditto on the moneyclamp, had mine for over a year and haven't managed to destroy it yet. The bottle opener is always a nice touch too.
/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/CrewLeaderSignature.png

#11 fived7533

fived7533

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

Best one for the money, have been carrying it for years...go to countycomm.com and get the titanium clip.  The dog gone thing will last on and on.  Its light, and if you want you can have it engraved.  Good luck.

#12 michael star

michael star

Mate

• Crew Leader
  • 95 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Not that I am up on high fashion, but I have had a few Coach money clips and they have worn well throughout the years if you want a leather one.  

#13 tdbarge

tdbarge

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNOVA

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

Quick update I got a Viper money clip from superior titanium   http://www.superiortitanium.com/ So far its working very well.  **EDIT** I fixed the link for you as it wasnt working. -Eric

Edited by CENTCOMSurvivor, 27 June 2012 - 03:31 AM.

#14 cjcold

cjcold

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

CRKT K.I.S.S. is thin with a wide clip and a nice blade. Great moneyclip.

#15 Ancient6

Ancient6

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:58 AM

I have to second the CRKT K.I.S.S. It knocks out two birds with one stone; a great knife and a great money clip. I am always looking for ways to reduce the amount of clutter in my pockets... A question for people that carry dump wallets, where do you carry them? Do you keep your valuables in a front pocket, and the dump wallet in the butt pocket?

#16 Condition Write

Condition Write

Mate

• Crew Member
  • 52 posts
  • LocationThe Hills of Kentuckistan

Posted 16 April 2013 - 06:35 PM

I've used a binder clip for a few years now. If you can swipe one from work, they don't cost a thing, if you can't it's pocket change.

I've been doing the exact same thing since last March. It's amazing how much of my lower back pain went away when I stopped sitting on a wallet.

For the rest of the wallet's contents, I stuck everything I don't actually use - or need in an emergency - into my laptop bag. The IDs and cards I do need - driver's license, CCW, ATM, Visa, and medical insurance - now ride in a Ragged Edge Card Sleeve ID, also in a front pocket. It's not even showing the first sign of wear yet.
The pen is not mightier than the sword. If a man has a sword, he can make a man with a pen write anything he wants.

The answer, then, is to have a pen and a sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users