well at least that's two, lol 

#4 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:39 AM

I'm in Alexandria but often visit (and used to work) in DC. What's your favorite coffee shop in the area? My latest find has been the Chinatown Coffee Company. Decent service and good coffee. They know what they are doing and it has a great feel to it. Not that you can tell, but here's a pic of my ITS Messenger Bag around the corner of Chinatown Coffee:Posted Image

#5 Thomas Brown

Thomas Brown

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Decent Coffee shop, Heck I have yet to find ONE. I'm up on the Hill and usually wander into the Starbucks on 3rd. Good to have another one of us up and running. At least there are three people I won't have to worry about in a SHTF scenario Posted Image Is there a range you like in Va?

#6 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:37 AM

There's supposed to be some good coffee over at Peregrine Espresso and Pound the Hill but I haven't been.As far as ranges in VA go, I've only been to the NRA HQ range (was a member) and Blue Ridge Arsenal (rented an MP5). You?

#7 Winterspite

Winterspite

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

Sharpshooter's in Lorton is pretty decent, I prefer it more than NRA (even though you are limited to pistol caliber) because it's a bit friendlier and generally less crowded. As for coffee shops, there's an M.E. Swings at 17th and G NW that I used to go to daily for several years when I worked in DC. Always great coffee there.

#8 Thomas Brown

Thomas Brown

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:32 AM

Mainly blue ridge and the occasional trip out to the Cove for "fun with tannerite". I've been hearing about some others in chantilly, but haven't made it out there to check em out yet. In the next month or so, I'm gonna try to get to a range at least once a week to sharpen up some skills.This summer the goal is to take at least one tactical shooting course, probably Armed Dynamics up in Pa, and in the fall to head down to tenn and do one of Yaeger's Carbine courses. It's a lot to do, but it beats the shit out of golf!

#9 Winterspite

Winterspite

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

I took Virginia Tactical's course last July with Noel, it was a lot of fun and VERY educational. First time I'd ever paid out of my own pocket to take a course (as opposed to ones work sent me to) and his approach was great. Unfortunately, I think he's taking a break this summer to go overseas somewhere but I'd keep an eye out for when he gets back. He teaches out in Culpeper.

#10 Thomas Brown

Thomas Brown

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:37 PM

Found my new favorite store, F3 in Chantilly. Good quality gear and pretty decent prices. I got a good deal on a SIRT pistol.

#11 aviationgearhead

aviationgearhead

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:37 AM

Attention Crew leaders and Crew Members,

Individuals in Maryland are trying to put together a list of Crew Leaders and Crew Members in and near Maryland. The goal of this is to bring our community of like minded individuals together. Possible to get together for beer, shooting, and to exchange knowledge. Like so many people that have wanted to attend the ITS annual muster it has been a bit out of my reach. My thoughts are if we all banded together we can have group outings or in essense our own ITS Muster, so to speak. I have been heading up the effort to create a contact list. Though there are only a few members in Maryland I figured we would investigate our neighboring states to see who is interested. If you would like to be added to this list please contact me at [email protected] Provide as much information as you feel. I have been trying to get first and last name and a contact email. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Chris

Semper Paratus
semper Vigilans
Posted Image

#12 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Attention Crew leaders and Crew Members,

Individuals in Maryland are trying to put together a list of Crew Leaders and Crew Members in and near Maryland. The goal of this is to bring our community of like minded individuals together. Possible to get together for beer, shooting, and to exchange knowledge. Like so many people that have wanted to attend the ITS annual muster it has been a bit out of my reach. My thoughts are if we all banded together we can have group outings or in essense our own ITS Muster, so to speak. I have been heading up the effort to create a contact list. Though there are only a few members in Maryland I figured we would investigate our neighboring states to see who is interested. If you would like to be added to this list please contact me at [email protected] Provide as much information as you feel. I have been trying to get first and last name and a contact email. Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Chris

Semper Paratus
semper Vigilans

Very cool, we are doing the same type of thing down here in FL. We should have some ITS "members" attend a medical class we have put together this month.

Let us know how things are going, best of luck!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users