Photo

What's in Your Pockets: Show us your EDC to Win an ITS Gift Certificate!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#61 Ryan Hoy

Ryan Hoy

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:49 AM

Simple EDC carry Posted Image  Glock 27 (165gr GDHP)iPhone 4SBenchmade 2550Maratac Mid-PilotSteel Bogota ToolsetKeys (Cuffkey/Arc-AAA)

Edited by Ryan Hoy, 04 March 2012 - 09:52 AM.

#62 mark schilling

mark schilling

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:46 AM

-GUN -GLOCK 23      -14 rounds of Federal Hyrdra shok- HOLSTER -  Galco Kingtuk – http://www.amazon.co...K/dp/B004AO6BUK-BELT -Endeavor Stitch Works Belt Fresno, CA USA (559)349-1150http://endeavorstitchworks.com/-WATCH – MTM Warrior – http://www.specialopswatch.com- FLASHLIGHT – Surefire E2D Executive Defender®- KNIFE – Benchmade Auto Stryker – http://www.benchmade.com/products/9100- PEN – Surefire EWP-01 – http://www.surefire....he-SureFire-Pen- BRACELET – Paracord 550  

Edited by mark schilling, 05 March 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#63 Omer Baker

Omer Baker

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 31 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:16 AM

• Money clip (just a binder clip with cash, cards, & appropriate ID)
  • iPhone 4
  • Leatherman Skeletool CX
  • Parker Jotter
  • Emerson Roadhouse
  • Chapstick w/ "pierced nipple" retention
  • keys, my normal vehicle just has the monky fist, the family mini van has a 6" cotter pin "wrapped" in 550.
  • When I can carry, Springfield XD-40 SC in Galco WalkAbout w/ extra clip
  • I'll always have a pair of Oakleys with me, exact one varies day by day.
Posted Image

#64 Bama Katt

Bama Katt

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:23 PM

No, seriously. I want to put mine up but I don't see an icon to click to add photo. HELP!!

#65 Rob Henderson

Rob Henderson

Salty Dog

• Administrator
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:44 PM

Bama Katt said:

No, seriously. I want to put mine up but I don't see an icon to click to add photo. HELP!!

You can upload your photo to a site like Photobucket or Flick and the click the picture on the forum toolbar with the picture of the tree and insert the URL of the picture from Photobucket or Flickr.
Posted Image

#66 Bama Katt

Bama Katt

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

Thank you Rob. That's what I'm not seeing, the "picture" icon. But now that I know where to look I like my chances of figuring it out.

#67 mark schilling

mark schilling

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

-GUN -GLOCK 23      -14 rounds of Federal Hyrdra shok- HOLSTER -  Galco Kingtuk – http://www.amazon.co...K/dp/B004AO6BUK-BELT -Endeavor Stitch Works Belt Fresno, CA USA (559)349-1150http://endeavorstitchworks.com/-WATCH – MTM Warrior – http://www.specialopswatch.com- FLASHLIGHT – Surefire E2D Executive Defender®- KNIFE – Benchmade Auto Stryker – http://www.benchmade.com/products/9100- PEN – Surefire EWP-01 – http://www.surefire....he-SureFire-Pen- BRACELET – Paracord 550Posted Image

#68 Kenny

Kenny

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 137 posts
  • LocationWatauga, TX

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

Bama Katt said:

Thank you Rob. That's what I'm not seeing, the "picture" icon. But now that I know where to look I like my chances of figuring it out.

Bama Katt, This is the Insert Image icon. Posted Image

Edited by Kenny, 06 March 2012 - 03:04 AM.

Posted Image

"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful. Semper Erectus - Always Hard"

#69 jasonkn88

jasonkn88

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:04 AM

http://img163.images...dsc01881bm.jpgI apologize for the link, but I can't seem to post the URL right for the picture to be put into the message Here is what I carry. I don't carry all at once, I switch them out depending on what I feel like having on me. Starting top left and working clockwise:
  • Ted Baker Wallet
  • Quick Release Paracord bracelet
  • Iphone 4s
  • Springfield XD 9mm w/ Streamlight TLR-1s: This is the one thing I actually don't carry on me since CA is very strict with CCWs..but if I had my CCW, I would definitely have this on but without the light
  • Casio G Shock Riseman GW-9200GYJ-1: Pretty much my everyday watch
  • Diesel Chronograph: Watch worn out at night and on more formal occasions
  • Benchmade Barrage w/ Droppoint Blade
  • Surefire G2X Pro and LX2 Lumamax: I usually carry the LumaMax since its more slim but I still carry the G2X around
  • Keychain: Has a Nite Ize S Biner which functions as a beer bottle opener, a little Solomon bar, as well as a Princeton Tec light. I will add a Leatherman Squirt eventually.

Edited by jasonkn88, 06 March 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#70 David Parker

David Parker

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:11 PM

Posted Image
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/david_parker03]david_parker03[/url] at 2012-03-06

This is my EDC. When going to class, I carry a blow-out kit in my bag, along with a few other items. 
But this is whats on me, any day of the week.

Heres my thought process:
1. Always be prepared. 
 This, and the subsequent following, not only apply to physical items; but more importantly, [i]mindset[/i]. 
You should always be thinking [i]"What can I use on me? Around me?"[/i]
2. Always have a backup.
This, is obviously not possible. Again, we look to the mindset 
[i]"What else can I use in the event that I don't have my ____." [/i]A piece of glass for a knife? 
The end of your leatherman to break out that window? Some matches for a source of light?
3. Always know where you are going.
Sometimes when I am rushed, I like to purposefully slow myself down and consciously ask [i]"Where am I going next?" [/i]
[i]"Whats my exit strategy?"[/i]
I like to think the items I carry on me allow me to accomplish these 3 rules I try to live by.

-First and foremost: My lockpick set. (Rule #1) 
I've been carrying a set of lockpicks around in some form or another before I was carrying a knife. 
I've been picking locks since I was 8, (sounds more impressive than it is). 
And sure enough, this set (commercial and homemade) has gotten me out of more scraps than I can think of, 
and into a few as well. Its also allowed me to help others almost more than any other item. 
Inside, there is a plug spinner, awl, and screwdriver (Worked as a commercial locksmith. Handy tools to have at all times)

-Second: My knife. A CRK Umnumzaan. (Be prepared!) This has recently taken the title from my Microtech Socom. 
Titanium handles, framelock, and S30V steel, plus a glass-breaker. (That sold me, I'm becoming a paramedic!) 
This is my AT-THE-READY. When the down and dirty gets going, and I need to be absolutely be sure I've got an edge, 
this is it. I don't cut boxes or strings or letters with it. Another serves that purpose.

-Third: My Blackhawk Gladius. (Rule #3...gotta see where you're going, right?) Boy oh boy. 
Have me and this guy been through it all. Variable output (which is really important I think, 
and gratefully more flashlights are adopting this). I've gotten it updated with a CREE bulb, maxing out at 275lumens! 
I've also added a GG&G serrated bezel to act as an impact device. (Rule number 2 - have a backup.)

-Fourth: Southord Jacknife pickset. (Rule #2) I've owned this thing for about....11 years now? 
My pickset I've also carried, but a few pieces have come and gone. This baby recently saved my a** on a roadtrip.

-Fifth: Leatherman Wave - Original. (Rule #1 & #2) Stainless steel? Can't go wrong. Plain edge [i]AND [/i]serrated? 
How can you resist? Carried this guy for about 5 or 6 years. It serves as my wundertool, and utility blade. 

-Sixth: Blackhawk CQC Riggers Belt.(Rule #1 & #2) This is my second one. I bought them because before no-one I 
knew really made them. I love it. Unique, sturdy. And so far, it's held up 2 years of abuse. 
The previous lasted 3. Not bad for EDC. Plus, what else is gonna hold all this gear up? 
And because of certain items on the belt, I can store a spare handcuff key. (I'm an amateur escape artist....[i]amateur[/i])

-Seventh: Wallet. Nothing special. Its held up its end of the bargain for the last 8 years. 
More importantly, it holds my Mitnick pick set my buddies got me. When I buy a TOOOL set, I'm sure this set will retire.

-Eighth: Mitnick tool set. (Rule #2) This is more of gimmick item really. It may get the job done, but it ain't gonna be easy. 
Plus, its 1/16 stainless steel. Probably thinner. How can you [i]not[/i] carry it?

-Ninth: Phone. Communication is key. Especially when trying to reach first responders and loved ones. 
Nothing special about this.

Edited by David Parker, 07 March 2012 - 10:28 AM.

#71 wwade63

wwade63

Life Member

• Crew Leader
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Posted ImagePretty basic,MaxPed wallet, G-19 with spare mag, Suunto XM10 watch, emergency paracord, Emerson SOCFK,iPhone 4 with MAGPUL cover, and keys. Take care guys!

Edited by wwade63, 07 March 2012 - 01:31 PM.

Posted Image

#72 bigjimmyk3

bigjimmyk3

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:51 PM

Posted ImagePretty normal stuff (for me anyway); the watch is a GW9000A.  I enjoy seeing all the other photos, apparently some people have a closet full of cargo pants.  If I had more pockets I would probably add some first aid supplies.

#73 bravofoxtrotgolf

bravofoxtrotgolf

Landlubber

• Life Member
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

Here's what is in my pockets on an average day. I think of this as my EDC 'black kit' Posted ImageContents:
  • Custom reverse display (stealthed) Casio G-Shock Atomic Mudman GW9000-A (with button compass)
  • iPhone4 with ITSTactical decal
  • Inova AAA LED flashlight
  • Moo cards pocket holder
  • Benchmade Emergency hook in belt pouch
  • Bic Mini lighter
  • Pilot G2 mini ballpen
  • Spyderco Delica 4 with plain edge
  • Benchmade mini griptillian with plain edge
Posted Image
Founder of Brian's Backpacking Blog, Gear Junkie, Karate/Jiu-Jitsu Student, Milgeek, Runner, CrossFit(er), GORUCK Tough Class 192

#74 diggdatt

diggdatt

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Posted Image
  • Ruger LCR in a Pro Carry HD
  • paracord bracelet with Medic Alert tag
  • original H.E.S.T. folder from dpxgear.com
  • ancient Luminox wristwatch
  • Titanium wedding ring
  • Cable ring w/ clip, glowring, lighter, whistle, light, tape & Leatherman squirt Ps4
  • Lenslight flashlight with glowring
  • wallet (with Bogota entry tools)
  • iPhone 4 in foliage Magpul field case
 . . . my real EDC fills the Discreet Messenger Bag /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_wink.gif

Edited by diggdatt, 23 March 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#75 DirtyHandsRob

DirtyHandsRob

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

placeholder for my EDC.  im off to Vegas for a few days…. pics to come after my vaca.  /wp-content/forum-smileys/smiley_evilGrin.gif ETA:  ok i finally got back and remembered to do this. EDC includes:S&W M&P40 w/ TLR-1 in Raven Concealment holster or Ruger LCR in DeSantis pocket holster w/ small lightExtra mags and/or speedloaderssmall lightsmall pocketknifecell phoneparacord bracelets (varies each day)paracord fob (sometimes varies)good walking/running shoeshat and/or sunglasses (depends on weather) Posted Image

Edited by DirtyHandsRob, 20 March 2012 - 02:29 AM.

#76 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:33 PM

*updated in a later post on 20120626Posted Image Here's my EDC from top to bottom. Anything with a * is just for work only. The Camelbak bag is just for display, but I do use that to bring pt gear to work daily.1. San Jose Sharks hat2. Bracelet for TSgt Phillip A. Myers – USAF EOD. KIA 4 April, 2009 in Helmand Provence, Afghanistan.3. USMC Honor, Courage, and Commitment card, in case the SgtMaj wants to try to pull a fast one.4. Oakley Minute 2.0 sunglasses.5. ITS Tactical card that came with my Crew Leader Box of Awesome back in Aug. Useful for spreading the word.6. MARCENT 5-3-5 Card with the essential Rule #13: "Be professional, be polite, have a plan to kill the enemy hiding amongst the innocent." (Direct Quote)7. 3 – 5 feet of duct tape wrapped around a retired credit card (Great idea, ThunderGod!)8. HTC EVO 3D9. Ka-Bar TDI knife*10. Dog Tag*11. Gray riggers belt*12. Gerber Gator knife13. Fossil wallet

Edited by Psybain, 26 June 2012 - 03:57 PM.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#77 deltakilo

deltakilo

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:05 AM

Posted ImageEmerson cqc7vWalletiPhonest michael necklace Hinderer investigator penMoleskineGshock
Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

#78 FearlessLeader

FearlessLeader

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:19 AM

Posted ImageZero Tolerance 0350 knifeSOG Powerlock4 Sevens Peron 2Cuma Ram PenCustom Made Knife With Mustard Etch

Edited by FearlessLeader, 26 June 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#79 Packet Boy Perseus

Packet Boy Perseus

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

http://www.flickr.co...6878570350/From top counter-clockwise:
1.  Eddie Bauer ball cap OD
2. Strike Industries Battle Case OD3. Timex T49725 Camper Watch OD4. 5.11 Tactical DRT Spear Point Plain Edge Folding Knife OD5. Amazon Kindle on Brown Leather Case6. Leatherman Wave7. Fenix E01 Compact Led Flashlight8. Carabiner Keychain9. Zebra F-402 Pen10. Moleskin Notebook11. Kenneth Cole Reaction Brown Leather Wallet12. Ziploc Bag (Fits all my EDC items shown on the picture, for quick transfer/storage)13. My CISSP Identification CardNot shown on the pic is a paracord keychain tied to the 5.11 knife.
Thanks!

Edited by Packet Boy Perseus, 28 March 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#80 TexasRanger1980

TexasRanger1980

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:28 AM

Posted ImageHere is my EDCI have two different EDC setups I use depending on how I am dressed or what I will be doing that day but I always have one or the other on.Kimber Raptor II .45 acp loaded with Glaser safety slugs carried in a Garrett Industries  Silent Thunder Slim I carry a extra Wilson combat 10 round mag in my front pocket.A Streamlight stylus proAnd a Kershaw Tanto GrooveWalter PPK/S .380 loaded with Remington golden saber in a Bianchi #5A leather holster that has seen its better days. extra mag in front pocket.A Streamlight Jr. LEDA Kershaw Knives 3 1/2 RJII I always carry my Leatherman Surge in its leather case on my belt and keep a eye glass cleaner in my back pocket.Wallet with CCW permit and credentials. IPhone 4s Black in a Lifeproof case.and my dads USS TIRU challenge coin. that was a diesel sub by the way.I have not made a med kit to keep with me yet but i am thinking of putting together one of thous Altoids tins kits dont know yet.That is it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users