Edited by Ryan Hoy, 04 March 2012 - 09:52 AM.
What's in Your Pockets: Show us your EDC to Win an ITS Gift Certificate!
Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:49 AM
Posted 05 March 2012 - 06:46 AM
Edited by mark schilling, 05 March 2012 - 07:29 AM.
Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:16 AM
- Money clip (just a binder clip with cash, cards, & appropriate ID)
- iPhone 4
- Leatherman Skeletool CX
- Parker Jotter
- Emerson Roadhouse
- Chapstick w/ "pierced nipple" retention
- keys, my normal vehicle just has the monky fist, the family mini van has a 6" cotter pin "wrapped" in 550.
- When I can carry, Springfield XD-40 SC in Galco WalkAbout w/ extra clip
- I'll always have a pair of Oakleys with me, exact one varies day by day.
Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:23 PM
Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:44 PM
You can upload your photo to a site like Photobucket or Flick and the click the picture on the forum toolbar with the picture of the tree and insert the URL of the picture from Photobucket or Flickr.
No, seriously. I want to put mine up but I don't see an icon to click to add photo. HELP!!
Posted 06 March 2012 - 12:54 AM
Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:24 AM
Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:03 AM
Bama Katt,Ã‚Â This is the Insert Image icon.Ã‚Â
Thank you Rob. That's what I'm not seeing, the "picture" icon. But now that I know where to look I like my chances of figuring it out.
Edited by Kenny, 06 March 2012 - 03:04 AM.
"Semper Fidelis - Always Faithful. Semper Erectus - Always Hard"
Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:04 AM
- Ted Baker Wallet
- Quick Release Paracord bracelet
- Iphone 4s
- Springfield XD 9mm w/ Streamlight TLR-1s: This is the one thing I actually don't carry on me since CA is very strict with CCWs..but if I had my CCW, I would definitely have this on but without the light
- Casio G Shock Riseman GW-9200GYJ-1: Pretty much my everyday watch
- Diesel Chronograph: Watch worn out at night and on more formal occasions
- Benchmade Barrage w/ Droppoint Blade
- Surefire G2X Pro and LX2 Lumamax: I usually carry the LumaMax since its more slim but I still carry the G2X around
- Keychain: Has a Nite Ize S Biner which functions as a beer bottle opener, a little Solomon bar, as well as a Princeton Tec light. I will add a Leatherman Squirt eventually.
Edited by jasonkn88, 06 March 2012 - 09:06 AM.
Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:11 PM
By [url=http://profile.imageshack.us/user/david_parker03]david_parker03[/url] at 2012-03-06
This is my EDC. When going to class, I carry a blow-out kit in my bag, along with a few other items.Ã‚Â
But this is whats on me, any day of the week.
Heres my thought process:
1. Always be prepared.
This, and the subsequent following, not only apply to physical items; but more importantly, [i]mindset[/i].Ã‚Â
You should always be thinking [i]"What can I use on me? Around me?"[/i]
2. Always have a backup.
This, is obviously not possible. Again, we look to the mindsetÃ‚Â
[i]"What else can I use in the event that I don't have my ____." [/i]A piece of glass for a knife?Ã‚Â
The end of your leatherman to break out that window? Some matches for a source of light?
3. Always know where you are going.
Sometimes when I am rushed, I like to purposefully slow myself down and consciously ask [i]"Where am I going next?"Ã‚Â [/i]
[i]"Whats my exit strategy?"[/i]
I like to think the items I carry on me allow me to accomplish these 3 rules I try to live by.
-First and foremost: My lockpick set. (Rule #1)Ã‚Â
I've been carrying a set of lockpicks around in some form or another before I was carrying a knife.Ã‚Â
I've been picking locks since I was 8, (sounds more impressive than it is).Ã‚Â
And sure enough, this set (commercial and homemade) has gotten me out of more scraps than I can think of,Ã‚Â
and into a few as well. Its also allowed me to help others almost more than any other item.Ã‚Â
Inside, there is a plug spinner, awl, and screwdriver (Worked as a commercial locksmith. Handy tools to have at all times)
-Second: My knife. A CRK Umnumzaan. (Be prepared!) This has recently taken the title from my Microtech Socom.Ã‚Â
Titanium handles, framelock, and S30V steel, plus a glass-breaker. (That sold me, I'm becoming a paramedic!)Ã‚Â
This is my AT-THE-READY. When the down and dirty gets going, and I need to be absolutely be sure I've got an edge,Ã‚Â
this is it. I don't cut boxes or strings or letters with it. Another serves that purpose.
-Third: My Blackhawk Gladius. (Rule #3...gotta see where you're going, right?) Boy oh boy.Ã‚Â
Have me and this guy been through it all. Variable output (which is really important I think,Ã‚Â
and gratefully more flashlights are adopting this). I've gotten it updated with a CREE bulb, maxing out at 275lumens!Ã‚Â
I've also added a GG&G serrated bezel to act as an impact device. (Rule number 2 - have a backup.)
-Fourth: Southord Jacknife pickset. (Rule #2) I've owned this thing for about....11 years now?Ã‚Â
My pickset I've also carried, but a few pieces have come and gone. This baby recently saved my a** on a roadtrip.
-Fifth: Leatherman Wave - Original. (Rule #1 & #2) Stainless steel? Can't go wrong. Plain edge [i]AND [/i]serrated?Ã‚Â
How can you resist? Carried this guy for about 5 or 6 years. It serves as my wundertool, and utility blade.
-Sixth: Blackhawk CQC Riggers Belt.(Rule #1 & #2) This is my second one. I bought them because before no-one IÃ‚Â
knew really made them. I love it. Unique, sturdy. And so far, it's held up 2 years of abuse.Ã‚Â
The previous lasted 3. Not bad for EDC. Plus, what else is gonna hold all this gear up?Ã‚Â
And because of certain items on the belt, I can store a spare handcuff key. (I'm an amateur escape artist....[i]amateur[/i])
-Seventh: Wallet. Nothing special. Its held up its end of the bargain for the last 8 years.Ã‚Â
More importantly, it holds my Mitnick pick set my buddies got me. When I buy a TOOOL set, I'm sure this set will retire.
-Eighth: Mitnick tool set. (Rule #2) This is more of gimmick item really. It may get the job done, but it ain't gonna be easy.Ã‚Â
Plus, its 1/16 stainless steel. Probably thinner. How can you [i]not[/i] carry it?
-Ninth: Phone. Communication is key. Especially when trying to reach first responders and loved ones.Ã‚Â
Nothing special about this.
Edited by David Parker, 07 March 2012 - 10:28 AM.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:32 AM
Edited by wwade63, 07 March 2012 - 01:31 PM.
Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:51 PM
Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:22 AM
- Custom reverse display (stealthed) Casio G-Shock Atomic Mudman GW9000-A (with button compass)
- iPhone4 with ITSTactical decal
- Inova AAA LED flashlight
- Moo cards pocket holder
- Benchmade Emergency hook in belt pouch
- Bic Mini lighter
- Pilot G2 mini ballpen
- Spyderco Delica 4 with plain edge
- Benchmade mini griptillian with plain edge
Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:20 PM
- Ruger LCR in a Pro Carry HD
- paracord bracelet with Medic Alert tag
- original H.E.S.T. folder from dpxgear.com
- ancient Luminox wristwatch
- Titanium wedding ring
- Cable ring w/ clip, glowring, lighter, whistle, light, tapeÃ‚Â & Leatherman squirt Ps4
- Lenslight flashlight with glowring
- wallet (withÃ‚Â BogotaÃ‚Â entry tools)
- iPhone 4 in foliage Magpul field case
Edited by diggdatt, 23 March 2012 - 03:21 PM.
Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:47 PM
Edited by DirtyHandsRob, 20 March 2012 - 02:29 AM.
Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:33 PM
Edited by Psybain, 26 June 2012 - 03:57 PM.
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.
Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:05 AM
Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:19 AM
Edited by FearlessLeader, 26 June 2012 - 03:15 PM.
Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:41 AM
1. Eddie Bauer ball cap OD
2. Strike Industries Battle Case OD3. Timex T49725 Camper Watch OD4. 5.11 Tactical DRT Spear Point Plain Edge Folding Knife OD5. Amazon Kindle on Brown Leather Case6. Leatherman Wave7. Fenix E01 Compact Led Flashlight8. Carabiner Keychain9. Zebra F-402 Pen10. Moleskin Notebook11. Kenneth Cole Reaction Brown Leather Wallet12. Ziploc Bag (Fits all my EDC items shown on the picture, for quick transfer/storage)13. My CISSP Identification CardNot shown on the pic is a paracord keychain tied to the 5.11 knife.
Edited by Packet Boy Perseus, 28 March 2012 - 09:58 AM.
Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:28 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users