Memorial Day, originally known as Decoration Day, was first observed in 1868 after the Civil War and was established as a day for... View ArticleView Article
Many of you know that the forum has been down for a little while and we know that because we’ve received a lot of questions as to when it would be back up. Well, today is your lucky day. For the past few weeks, we’ve been working behind the scenes on a full overhaul.
This new forum is leaps and bounds better than our old one and finally up and running. We know that a lot of you are itching to get back in and we truly appreciate your patience through the downtime.
Could there be bugs? Sure, but we’ll keep working them out to make it as awesome as possible! Read on to hear all about the new features and to see some screenshots of the forum in action. (If you’re still seeing the maintenance message when visiting the new forum, please try clearing your browser cache.)
New Forum Features
- Truly mobile version access (and iOS forum software app for additional mobile functionality)
- Updated Member Profile Section
- Content notifications alert to new topics, replies, and more.
- Custom RSS feed creation
- Upgraded Search feature
- New posts are in bold, making it much easier to pick up where you left off.
- Posting controls are much simpler and images are much easier to post.
- Members now have the ability to “Friend” one another.
- Members can update their status.
- Users can ignore an individual signature or all signatures.
- Users can rate one another.
- Users can “Like” individual posts. Posts can be sorted by “Likes.”
- Life Members, Plank Owners and Crew Leaders can customize their profile and add a profile background image.
- Life Members, Plank Owners and Crew Leaders can add and customize a signature with text and/or an image.
- Topics can be previewed before they are fully opened.
- Life Members, Plank Owners and Crew Leaders have inbox storage raised to 250 messages.
- Users can use the Multiple Quote feature to quote multiple posts from multiple users in their post.
- Users can add Spoiler Alerts to posts.
- Images now display full size, but must be hosted on external photo sharing sites (Flickr, Photo Bucket, etc.)
- Trade Room is a Paid Members Only Feature (Life Members, Plank Owners and Crew Leaders) where Members can Swap their Gear.
Previous Forum Issues
- Image sizes were never standardized and some would not load properly.
- Slow to load and extreme amounts of lag.
- Errors in posting would result in double posts.
- Text constantly would not format properly.
- PM System unnecessarily complicated.
Are you getting more than 14¢ of value per day from ITS Tactical?
Please consider joining our Crew Leader Membership and our growing community of supporters.
At ITS Tactical we’re working hard every day to provide different methods, ideas and knowledge that could one day save your life. Instead of simply asking for your support with donations, we’ve developed a membership to allow our readers to support what we do and allow us to give you back something in return.
For less than 14¢ a day you can help contribute directly to our content, and join our growing community of supporters who have directly influenced what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we’re headed.
When I try to go to the forum the page appears to be messed up and out of format. Is something going with it right now?
Im having a problem with the forum. I can login on the home page of ITS, but when I use the forum link in the dashboard it signs me out. I see the forum but can't post because it won't allow me to sign in. It says I have an incorrect username or password, but I know what I'm entering is right. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!