The Paracord Deployment Lanyard has been a long time coming on our Knot of the Week and much like our last KOTW on the Paracord Storage Lanyard, this too is a request from a reader.
This lanyard enables you to not only carry paracord ready to use, but can quickly deploy various lengths of it in a way that’s easy to manage. As most know that have worked with stored paracord, it can easily become unwieldy and tangled.
Just as the storage lanyard keeps paracord ready to deploy, the deployment lanyard is a vast improvement that we think you’ll immediately integrate.
Paracord Deployment Lanyard » Misc.
(Strength: 2/Secure: 3/Stability: 2/Difficulty: 2)
This method for storing paracord can be used in nearly any length of Paracord, but for this demonstration we’ll be using 25 feet.
- Keeping paracord handy and ready to use at a moment’s notice
- Decorative way to store paracord
- Storing paracord in a “fob” design that can be quickly deployed
- Start by creating a bight in one end of the paracord, using a closed fist as a height guide.
- *Ensure that the amount of bight exposed above your closed fist is the size that you’d like your “loop” to be.
- Take the working end of this bight and melt it to the standing part of the paracord.
- *You may need to heat up the standing part of the paracord as well to get it to bind.*
- After the bight is secured and a loop has been made, start either wrapping the paracord around your hand like the pictures below, or in loops like in the video.
- *Leave yourself a length of around six feet at the end to start making the overwrapping for the deployment lanyard.*
- Starting near the top of the wrapped paracord, wrap a lock into the paracord (see video) and continue to tightly wrap downward.
- At the end of the wrapping, simply tuck the working end into itself and melt it down for added security.
- The loop can now be used to hook onto a keychain or carabiner for fast deployment of your paracord.
Video and Photos
A special thanks to Thunder Chicken for suggesting this Knot of the Week!
Are you getting more than 14¢ of value per day from ITS Tactical?
Please consider joining our Crew Leader Membership and our growing community of supporters.
At ITS Tactical we’re working hard every day to provide different methods, ideas and knowledge that could one day save your life. Instead of simply asking for your support with donations, we’ve developed a membership to allow our readers to support what we do and allow us to give you back something in return.
For less than 14¢ a day you can help contribute directly to our content, and join our growing community of supporters who have directly influenced what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we’re headed.