12 Places Veterans can Eat Free and Save Big on Veteran’s Day 2010
12 Places Veterans can Eat Free and Save Big on Veteran’s Day 2010
Here’s a great rundown for all you Veterans and Active Duty / Reserve Military members that lists tons of great places Veterans can eat free and save big; not only on Veteran’s Day, but many of the business below have year-long discounts!
Applebee’s has rolled out a fantastic campaign for Veterans this year and we’d encourage everyone to check out all their doing for us, other than just giving every Vet a free meal!
We’d also like to encourage you to leave a comment below if you know of a discount/freebie we forgot to include so we can to add it to this already huge list! If you don’t see your favorites listed, or are unsure if they offer a discount, be sure to ask while you’re there! Share this with all the Veteran’s you know!!
Thank you to all our Military, Veterans and those downrange fighting the good fight; stay safe and know that you’ll always be in our minds! Especially those whom we’ve lost, let us never forget!
- Applebee’s Restaurant – Free dinners to veterans throughout Veterans Day November 11th; selections will be from a new Veterans Day menu.
- Outback Steakhouse – Free Blooming Onion and beverage.
- Golden Corral – Free buffet dinner from 5-9 p.m. on Nov. 15 to anyone who has ever served in the U.S. military staff
- Subway – In celebration of Veterans Day 11 Nov 2010, Subway is showing its thanks with free six inch subs to all Veterans or Active Duty members.
- Krispy Kreme – One free doughnut of any variety.
- UNO Chicago Grill- Free entree or individual pizza with an entree or pizza purchase of equal or greater value.
- Coushatta Casino Resort – The Louisiana casino and resort is offering a free seven-clans lunch or dinner buffet to veterans or active military.
- MarketPlace Grill & Express – Veterans and active-duty military receive free entrees.
- Masala Wok – The Northern Virginian restaurant is offering a free entree to veterans.
- Hy-Vee supermarkets – The mid-western supermarket chain is offering a free breakfast to veterans.
- Abuelo’s Mexican Food Restaurants – All veterans and active-duty military receive a free entree.
- Carolina Burgers & BBQ – In Matthews, NC is offering a free meal to all service members and veterans.
- Tactical Distributors – In addition to offering a 10% military discount at all times, they’re offering 35% off all True North Tactical products for Veteran’s Day!
- Lowe’s & Home Depot – Extra 10% off to active-duty military members, National Guard and reserve members, retirees, honorably discharged veterans and immediate family members.
- Sam’s Club – Over 25,000 Hugo canes will be given away to U.S. veterans in need of mobility assistance. Membership is not required, but supplies are limited, so check with your local store.
- Amazon.com – Free “Veterans Day Honor” MP3 album download. The album includes 12 songs by The Bands and Ensembles of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Cabela’s Outdoor Store – Offers their employee discount to all veterans, active-duty military and reserves, law enforcement, fire and EMS personnel Nov. 11-12. Discounts vary from 5% to 50%, depending on the item.
- Build-a-Bear Workshop – Members of the armed services including the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, and Reserve Officer Training Corps, will receive a 20% discount Nov. 11-15 on any one transaction at Build-A-Bear Workshop.
- Dollar General – 10% discount for all veterans, active-duty military, National Guard and reserve and their immediate families.
- Fashion Bug – 20% off all plus-size and misses clothing purchases with a copy of military ID or spouse’s military ID.
- Brides Across America – Provides free wedding gowns to qualified military brides.
- National parks, forests and monuments – Admission is free to everyone on Veterans Day.
- Knott’s Berry Farm – Free park admission to U.S. armed forces personnel and a guest during Veteran’s Month, November 1-26.
- Colonial Williamsburg – Free admission Nov. 6-11 for active-duty military, guard and reservists, retirees, veterans and their dependents.
- San Jacinto Museum of History – Free visits to the Observation Deck, theatre, and special exhibit for veterans, active duty military personnel, and their families.
- Historic Jamestown – Free admission to veterans, current Armed Forces members and their family members.
- Battleship Cove – Free admission and a special ceremony for veterans, active, duty and reservists.
- Vicksburg National Military Park – Free admission for all.
- Birmingham Museum of Art – Free admission to the ticketed event “Life and Liberty ” on Nov. 10-11 for veterans and active military.
- Vulcan Park and Museum- In Birmingham, Alabama is offering discounted admission through November to the park and museum.
- Greenbay (WI) New Zoo – Free admission to veterans and their families.
- Central Florida Zoo – Free admission to the Sanford , Florida zoo with proper ID.
- National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum – in Oklahoma City offers free admission to veterans and five guests from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Veterans Day.
Anytime Military Discounts
These following businesses offer military discounts all the time, all you have to do is ask!
- Back Yard Burgers
- Burger King
- Captain D’s
- Cotton Patch
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Farmers Boy
- IHOP (20 percent discount with military id)
- Java CafÃ©
- Long John Silver
- Pancho’s Mexican Buffet
- Pizza Hut
- Taco Bell
- California Cryobank
- Jiffy Lube
- Sears Portrait Studio
Travel and Leisure
- Movie theaters
- Ripley’s attractions and museums
- Professional Sports teams
- Apple Computers
- Bass Pro Shop
- Bath and Body Works
- Big 10 Tires
- The Buckle
- Champs Sports
- Copeland’s Sports
- The Discovery Channel Store
- Dress Barn
- The Finish Line
- Foot Action
- Great Party
- Happy Harry’s
- Home Depot
- Hot Topic
- NAPA Auto Parts
- New York & Company
- Pac Sun
- Payless Shoes
- Play It Again Sports
- Pure Beauty
- Sally Beauty Supply
- Spencer’s Gifts
- Timberland Outlets
- Wilson ‘s Leather
Cell Phone Service Discount
All Federal employees are able to get a 15% discount on their personal cell phones by calling their carrier and mentioning the “Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996 – Discount to Federal Employees Past and Present.”
You will need to know the military member’s supervisor’s name, phone number, and full address, so that his/her military status can be verified. Use the following contact numbers or call your carrier if not listed:
- In store Fan Number: 239-1472
- Warning: May take up-to two billing cycles for discount to take effect
The following carriers do not honor the Federal Telecommunications Act of 1996; so no discount is available.
- U.S. Cellular
Be sure to post a comment to let us know of deals we’ve missed for Veteran’s Day!!