On today’s Knot of the Week we’re starting our Fishing Knots with one of the most popular for freshwater fishing; the Modified (or... View ArticleView Article
We’re excited to announce the winners of our ongoing “What’s in Your Pockets” Forum Contest. This contest ran for three months so we chose three winners from the group of entries. Each winner is going to receive a $25 Gift Certificate to the ITS Tactical Store.
There were some excellent submissions and if you didn’t win this time, don’t fret, we are running another contest starting today. Read on to see the winners and to get instructions on how you can enter the November through December contest!
Winner #1: dan0mite_hack
- iPhone 4S wrapped in a LifeProof case
- Moleskine notebook
- Leatherman Blast multi-tool
- Suunto Ambit watch
- Twelve South BookBook case/wallet
- Quirky Wrapster (Birchbox sent them to me as part of my monthly subscription.)
- Earbuds (I don’t know what brand they are, I got them in a PX in Germany back 2006.)
- Surefire 6P
- Corsair Flash Survivor Stealth USB
- LaCie Cookey USB
- Exotac FreeKey System w/ carabiner off of my Dre Beats travel case
- 5.11 Knife
- Ray-Ban Legends
Winner #2: duckandcover
- Glock 19 in Keeper’s Concealment AIWB
- Bill’s Urban Wallet w/ Leatherman Skeletool
- Quark MiNi 123
- Zebra F701 w/ Fischer refill
- Cash, cards, and other goodies…
- 4 Sevens Quark 123 Tactical
- iPhone 4s in Lifeproof Case
- Moleskine Notebook
- Keys on Nite-Ize S-Biner Ahh w/ Photon Light
- Blade Rigs modified Cold Steel Secret Edge and Sheath
- Oakley Fast Jacket XL’s
- Bandana, Paracord Bracelet, and Casio G-Shock GW-5600-J
- Sometimes there’s a spare magazine as well, but I feel like I’m carrying a “Batbelt” already so I don’t always pack it.
Winner #3: ThunderChicken
- Suunto Core
- ITS SEREcord Bracelet
- ITS Memorial Bracelet
- Keys- S-biner, exotac mini striker
- Surefire G2 (replaces the E2D LED defender that remains in Mineral Wells State Park)
- TADgear/ITS Tactical Pouch from 2012 Muster (contains Bogota’s from Serepick, mini compass, as well as “other” items, awesome kit Thanks ITS and TAD!)
- ITS EDC Trauma kit with SOF Tac-Tourniquet
- Rite in the Rain notebook with Pilot G-2
- Oakley Flak Jackets
- Blackberry Pearl
- Benchmade 915 Triage
- Money clip (includes duct tape, micro-sd card)
- Concealment Solutions Black Mamba IWB holster
- S&W M&P 9c with Hornady Critical Defense (my winter carry ammo)
- Extra Mag, Full size with grip spacer (same ammo)
- Comptac Mag-pouch
- Not shown: Ares gear belt or dress pelt lined with kydex for wearing with a suit
- ITS challenge coin (I believe it went to kindergarten this morning with my five year old…..)
Congratulations to our winners! Please send us an email to claim your prize and we’ll get your gift certificate issued!
If you want to enter the “What’s in Your Pockets” contest for November through December, check out the forum post for more information. To kick off this latest round (and because staff are not eligible for the contest), here is what Mike carries on his person:
- ITS Tactical Challenge Coin
- Saddleback Leather Wallet Sleeve (ID, cash, cards)
- Half Dollar spy coin (2GB micro SD inside)
- CountyComm Maratac Pilot Automatic watch with w&w NYC NATO
- Randolph Engineering Aviator sunglasses
- Metolius [full-strength] Mini Wiregate Carabiner
- Swiss+Tech Utili-Key 6 in 1
- Benchmade Mini-Griptilian
- GORUCK Tough Patch
- Field Notes Notebook
- Fisher Space Pen M4 TAD Edition
- Old Calgary Oxford iPhone Sleeve
- iPhone 5 (not pictured)
Want to win a $25 gift certificate to the ITS Tactical Store? Show what you carry in your pockets and submit your entry to the forum!
Are you getting more than 14¢ of value per day from ITS Tactical?
Please consider joining our Crew Leader Membership and our growing community of supporters.
At ITS Tactical we’re working hard every day to provide different methods, ideas and knowledge that could one day save your life. Instead of simply asking for your support with donations, we’ve developed a membership to allow our readers to support what we do and allow us to give you back something in return.
For less than 14¢ a day you can help contribute directly to our content, and join our growing community of supporters who have directly influenced what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we’re headed.
X-actly! I would like to see someone carry all that in their pockets all the time. Im deployed and I dont put that much in my pockets, too hard to walk and move dawg. Nice gear though.
It would have been nice to also see how they carry all this. Is it just in the pockets? Do they use a hostler a bag a fanny pack...
Very nice. I'll have to take a couple snaps of my EDC.
I'd like to get some more info on that TAD/ITS pouch!
Very nice. I'll have to take a couple snaps of my EDC. I'd like to get some more info on that TAD/ITS pouch!
All of these look very doable to me but then again, I prefer to keep things as light as possible. A lot of people will carry stuff on the belts or backpocket or maybe in cargo pants. I understand what you mean though and maybe a video explanation would be a nice addition to each post.
@Jake I can carry most of the stuff on the last pic with a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pros, they're a nice investment if you plan to EDC.