This year marks the fifth anniversary of greatest loss of life in a single day since Operation Red Wings. The... View ArticleView Article
Update: The contest is now closed. Scroll down to see the winning photo!
It’s time again for another “show what you carry” contest! What’s up for grabs? One lucky and well prepared individual will win a $50 Gift Certificate good for anything in the ITS Store.
Instead of posting a photo and description of your everyday carry in the Forum like our previous contests, to be eligible this time, you’ll need to add your EDC photo to the ITS Tactical EDC Flickr group.
Emptying your pockets simply provides an inventory of what you’re carrying, allowing you to take a look at what you have at your disposal. Maybe these items never change but the majority of us are continuously modifying what we carry daily. Necessary items and minimalism don’t always go hand in hand and it often helps to have the input of others. Everyone you meet knows something that you don’t and while many of the items we carry are a matter of personal opinion, take a look at what someone else is using and see if it could work for you as well.
To kick things off, here’s what Rob carries just about every day:
- Ray-Ban Folding Wayfarers
- Mike Vellekamp Folder
- Fellhoelter TiBolt Pen
- iPhone 5 with Magpul Field Case
- Rolex GMT Master
- Keys on Lucky Line Key Ring
- ITS Embossed Field Notes
- Glock 19 FDE
Now that you get the idea, lay out your gear, take a photo and add your submission to the Flickr Group before the end of the month. If you need help adding your photos to the Flickr group, check out this tutorial in our Forum.
Show What You Carry for Your Chance to Win!
We saw some truly amazing entries for this contest which made selecting one winner extremely difficult. In fact, when we got together to judge these, we just had to pick another two for runner ups. Each runner up will receive a $25 ITS Gift Certificate and we encourage you to keep posting to the Flickr Group.
Winner: Jim S.
- ITS Cold Horizon Field Notes
- Ray Bans
- NOLS alumni pin
- Pen, pencil
- 5 gum
- iPhone 5
- Leatherman Juice
- Swiss Tools
- Exotac Nano Striker
- Benchmade Torrent
- CRKT Enticer
- Luminox Series 3000
Runner Up: James R.
- Shoulder bag (until my kydex holster gets back from being repaired)
- Johnson motors hat (Helps with the “gray man” look and shaved head
- Modern quasi aviators
- Sig P229 and hollows
- Kershaw BLUR
- Stainless wedding ring with copper outlay
- Keys for FJ CRUISER, Leatherman carabiner tool, SOG mini and various keys
- Aluminum and wood custom iPhone case
- Vintage Orient brand, world diver kinetic watch
Runner Up: Adam J.
- Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm VTAC FDE
- 1 Extra 17+1 9mm Magazine
- House and Car Key Sets
- Life Proof Samsung Galaxy SIII Phone Case with Mobile Phone
- Camillus 9″ Cuda Folding Quick Release Knife
- LED Lenser Flashlight
- Invicta Pro Diver Specialty Automatic Watch
- Self Made Black Emperor Weave 550 Paracord Bracelet
- Blackhawk CQC Holster
- Italian Made Rosary
Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest! Stay tuned for more contests in the future!
- Past EDC Contest submissions are not eligible.
- Multiple entries are allowed.
- Photo must be added to the ITS Tactical Flickr EDC group between start of contest and 1/31/14.
- Entries will be judged on reality, creativity and quality. Take your time to take a nice photo and be honest about what you’re carrying.
- The winner will be notified through FlickrMail and has 24 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
Are you getting more than 14¢ of value per day from ITS Tactical?
Please consider joining our Crew Leader Membership and our growing community of supporters.
At ITS Tactical we’re working hard every day to provide different methods, ideas and knowledge that could one day save your life. Instead of simply asking for your support with donations, we’ve developed a membership to allow our readers to support what we do and allow us to give you back something in return.
For less than 14¢ a day you can help contribute directly to our content, and join our growing community of supporters who have directly influenced what we’ve been able to accomplish and where we’re headed.
Rob, that top pic made my day.
As inventor of the "Pop-A-Top Texas" bottle opener, seeing it featured as part of your EDC brought a big smile to my face. Thx.
I know this may be a dumb question, but you say the winner will be notified through FlickrMail, but I'm looking all over the Flickr site and cannot find "FlickrMail". I understand that there Flickr is part of Yahoo but I do not have a Yahoo email account, so am I missing something, or is FlickrMail whatever email address we registered our Flickr account with?
@Davis_45 Not a dumb question at all! When you go to a persons profile, you get the option of sending a message through FlickrMail. Check out this screenshot for an example.
pmedic It's the BestMadeCo Kevlar Smokejumper Belt: http://t.co/d12WvLuNcu ^MP
@ITStactical what kind of belt is that in the twitter picture?
@ITStactical what kind of key ring is that I'd like one
@Ty_Taylor1775 The one in the twitter picture or the one in the site post? ^MP
@ITStactical cool thank you
@Ty_Taylor1775 Hey! Use the code F&F to take 10% off your order!
@ITStactical cool pic
@jasonsartison Of course!
@Davis_45 Yes, multiple entries are allowed. I'll update the rules in the post to mention that.
@ITStactical Do you ever wonder if an asshole with access to a DCI terminal would enter your gun as stolen? After he sees the serial numbers