57 replies to this topic

#21 Klarktx

Klarktx

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 226 posts
  • LocationFlowery Branch, Ga

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Jones Tactical belt. Bought one and I know I am done.

CrewLeaderSignature.png

#22 Nathan Neff

Nathan Neff

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRockwall, TX

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

I pulled the trigger and went with Jones Tactical EDC belt and won't use anything else.
"I'm a big fan of face shooting, there is nothing on earth human or wild beast that cannot be easily swayed by a well placed face shot."
crew leader.jpg

#23 Huntsman

Huntsman

Swabbie

• Crew Leader
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHouston, Texas

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

I need to check out these Jones tactical belts. I wear an Ares Ranger belt everyday and love it.
Posted Image

#24 BLACK

BLACK

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:11 PM

Hey everyone,I'm looking for a good belt for EDC. I typically carry my Glock 19 in a Galco KingTuk, at roughly the 4 o'clock position. The problem: the holster will occasionally come out with the gun /wp-content/forum-smileys/icon_eek.gifMy current belt is a no-name decently thick and sturdy leather belt. It is part of my uniform for work. It's the thickest/stiffest belt I own so I wear it pretty much all the time. I'm really interested in the Ares Ranger Belt/ Jones Tactical/ whoever else makes the awesome scuba/cobra buckle belts. My hesitation, I have a really hard time spending more than $45-50 on a belt I'll only be able to wear 20% of my time. The Ranger belt style won't be allowed at work (unless I were to go black-on-black, and even that is iffy), and isn't quite going to pass inspection with the Mrs for Sunday-go-ta-meetin clothes.  So finally, my question: got any good recommendations? I need something that won't break the bank, but also will keep my holster in my pants when I want/need to remove the weapon. Thanks all.Troutt

I use the SO TECH SERE riggers belt with the secret pocket. A 4 oclock carry position AKA right butt cheek shouldnt interfere with the zipper or the pocket. I can wear this comfortable in jeans or slack or what have you. The SO TECH site shows a price of 30 plus bux but I found mine for less than 10 bux. YMMV
http://specopstech.c...page=&cPath=216

#25 callsan

callsan

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationVA Beach, VA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have a nice London Bridge Riggers belt. Its the best belt in the world! They a offer life time warranty on the belt. say the stiching comes out and just take it in and they will fix it. They are local here in Va Beach!

http://lbtinc.com/be...-belt-2876.html

#26 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Original SOE Cobra Belt. EDC and under duty belt. I highly recommend OSOE!
  • Scot McK likes this

#27 CENTCOMSurvivor

CENTCOMSurvivor

Down Wit' Da Hui

• 947 posts
  • LocationTampa/St Petersburg Florida

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

I'm really liking the Völund ATLAS belt. Really low profile up front which is nice for EDC and for use under a duty or war belt.
Posted Image

#28 Hawkthrower

Hawkthrower

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:32 AM

I wear a liger gun belt everyday and it is great. One of the best belts I have ever owned, the other is a ares gear belt.

#29 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

Hawk,

I've been on a waiting list for the liger belt for well over 3 months now, not sure what the delay is with the color combo I want.
Regardless, good to hear you like it so much I may have to purchase another in a different color as an alternate.
(Yes, I match my brown belt to brown shoes, black belt to black shoes, etc.)

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#30 Hawkthrower

Hawkthrower

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

I have the black with gray buckle in 1.25" going forward I would spring for the 1.50" belt instead but it does the job. Another positive that wearing it with suit and tie with gear, it does not scream armed. (Glad to hear that you are in with times in proper dress)

#31 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Just found out that the brown is no longer being made and it looks like their stock is dwindling on the other belts... hopefully they are not dropping the line.
It sounds like Galco makes a belt out of the same material called the Matrics or something like that but it has just a plain buckle.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#32 Hawkthrower

Hawkthrower

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

I will have check galco out I was wanting to get one in brown.

#33 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

Wilderness Tactical belt - hands down best belt i've ever owned! I have 2 of them in different widths. When occasion calls for "dress up" (slacks) I have 2 belts from Tucker Gun leather

#34 Hawkthrower

Hawkthrower

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

I have two wilderness belts they are very good but seem to scream tactical

#35 nroeber78

nroeber78

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, TX

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

I have two wilderness belts they are very good but seem to scream tactical

I kinda thought that way too... at my last job I had tuck my shirt n and where "dockers" or the like... I wore Vertx pants with my black wilderness built and everyone at the office just thought it was a cool "riggers" belt. I was asked several times... hey where did you get that riggers belt?

#36 Hawkthrower

Hawkthrower

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

That's better Then being asked what sidearm do you carry on several occasions. It just seemed to scream armed. I don't need that kind of attention,plus it does not blend in with business attire.

#37 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

Anyone wearing the liger belt? It looks like it would blend pretty well with business attire.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#38 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:38 AM

LongHaul,

I've been trying to track down a brown Liger belt in my size literally for over a year... They are just not out there.
From what I've heard the entire belt line has been dropped and are no longer being produced. I think you might be stuck buying second hand or getting lucky and finding a floater in someones stock.

I've heard nothing but good things about them so I'm not sure what happened.

#39 Hawkthrower

Hawkthrower

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

I have been wearing a liger belt for about 6 months now, it does a great job and blends in very well.

#40 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

I just did a double check and it appears someone is still making them (I assume its still Maxpedition).
There are a couple new colors since I last checked (Desert Tan and OD).

The common sizes still seem to be hard to find but my hopes are back up!
  • LongHaul likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users