• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:48 PM

I have a GoPro2 that I intended to use on my helmet and a ContourHD that was to be fastened to the rifle.
I figure that way I can get a little bit of everything.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#42 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

DStevenson, I've been keeping my eyes open for a helmet for you. I just found a couple on eBay and they appear to be authentic Ops-Core helmets.

Here are the links:
http://www.ebay.com/...=item20cecb5209
http://www.ebay.com/...=item20ced03c82

Ir2fdXw.png?1

Put good in, get good out. 

#43 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:51 AM

I found that reseller and talked with him as well as one other and I was happy to pay his $50.00 over retail cost for the convenience. He was at SHOT show when I was chatting with him and he wanted to check his stock before committing.
The second reseller was $100.00 over retail and I bitched him out for gouging =D

In the end I found www.TNVC.com has some of them in stock and mine in particular only has a 4 week leadtime. Plenty of time to get it ready before the class.

Thanks for the heads up davis.agd, I appreciate you keeping an eye out.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

#44 slinkwc2k

slinkwc2k

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

This is going to be a sick class! DStevenson, are you planning to put the videos you shoot up on youtube? I'd love to watch them sometime after we do the class. Hell, I'd like to be in them too if you want to video me!

#45 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

I intend to post everything once I get it. I envisioned a little "movie style" clip to boot.
Similar to this:

But I don't have a fraction of the vision or editing talent this person has.

I'm concerned I can't get the remaining 1k rounds I'm looking for at a realistic price before the class. Our deadline to cancel is fast approaching and supply has not caught up with demand.

In all I'll have about 2k dropped into this class, I can't afford to lose the money because I can't find the ammo I need.

Edited by DStevenson, 30 January 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#46 slinkwc2k

slinkwc2k

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I intend to post everything once I get it. I envisioned a little "movie style" clip to boot.
Similar to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcT1mw0i4fE
But I don't have a fraction of the vision or editing talent this person has.

I'm concerned I can't get the remaining 1k rounds I'm looking for at a realistic price before the class. Our deadline to cancel is fast approaching and supply has not caught up with demand.

In all I'll have about 2k dropped into this class, I can't afford to lose the money because I can't find the ammo I need.

You shootin brass or wolf steel cased?

#47 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

Everything I will be shooting will be brass, but I still need 1k more 5.56/.223 rounds and if I have to settle for steel then so be it.

I still have not booked the hotel hoping to hear from Raven Concealment on their recommended hotel locations but they don't seem to be very responsive to their emails unless you're buying a holster from them. When I got my holster from them I was able to get my questions answered within 24 hours (too long in my opinion for a small business but at least it was an answer).

#48 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

DStevenson,

I really hope that you can find the ammo to attend the course. That would be extremely disappointing to schedule a Costa Ludus course and then not be able to attend. If you end up shooting steel ammo you may need the info in this video. I've never had any problems with steel cased ammo, but I've never fired the number of rounds in a single trip to the range that you'll use at the course. Have fun!

edit: for some reason video will not post on this entry. see below for video.

-LongHaul

Edited by LongHaul, 31 January 2013 - 09:34 AM.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#49 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

Edited by LongHaul, 31 January 2013 - 09:36 AM.

#50 slinkwc2k

slinkwc2k

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 15 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

That's a good video. I'm wondering if the same holds true for russian surplus ammo...cause that's what I'll be using. Guess I'll try to field clean real quick when there's a break, and locking bolt to rear after getting the thing real hot. Costa might even make us fully unload between demonstrations too, we'll see.

#51 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

A quick follow up for davis.agd, I got the helmet from www.TNVC.com and it should arrive early next week (Feb 5th).
Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!
  • Davis likes this

#52 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Happy you were able to track one down, I know it was not an easy feat. Now to find you some ammo, because I want to see some bad ass video taken from the helmet mounted camera!

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#53 Rocketman_87

Rocketman_87

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 204 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Happy you were able to track one down, I know it was not an easy feat. Now to find you some ammo, because I want to see some bad ass video taken from the helmet mounted camera!

seconded

#54 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Heh don't get too excited. My 11 year old nephew will probably be better at cutting the video up then I will be.
I'll definitely have video, I can't promise usable video.

#55 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Stevenson... any luck on the ammo front yet?

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#56 Davis

Davis

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Stevenson... I just checked Lucky Gunner and they have some bulk ammo for sale. http://www.luckygunn...-remington-ammo
The price tag is steep, but if you are still looking and it is a matter of making or breaking getting to train with The Beard it may be worth it. Remember that if you have not used it yet you can get the ITS discount with these guys.

Ir2fdXw.png?1

#57 Psybain

Psybain

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 1,674 posts
  • LocationSE AZ

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Stevenson, check your PMs, I sent you a message which may be useful.

35066390514_66d1ce57b5_z.jpg
As Seen on: M4Carbine.net, GlockTalk, and NCGO.

#58 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

I have been looking into every option no matter how bizzare.
I've even addressed this with Costa hoping that maybe I can snag a box of his ammo while I'm there.

I have a bead on what might have a nice payout.

Cabelas is a big hunting store near me and they are opening a new store. Since I'm a "Club Member" I get access to the store a day early.
I plan to be at the door before the employees arrive and once they open up at 9:00am make a B-Line to the ammo isles.
I would be very surprised if they didn't stock ammo from their other stores for the grand opening so the shelves are not bare.

#59 Nathan Neff

Nathan Neff

Swabbie

• Crew Member
  • 29 posts
  • LocationRockwall, TX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

What did Costa have to say about ammo?
"I'm a big fan of face shooting, there is nothing on earth human or wild beast that cannot be easily swayed by a well placed face shot."
crew leader.jpg

#60 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I'm really hoping you get all the ammo you need! The Cabela's option is a great idea.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Costa Ludus, Chris Costa, Training, Enhanced Carbine Employement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users