• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MCGUNNY2004

MCGUNNY2004

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

Just a suggestion since it is free from TapATalk but to add ITS Tactical Forum on to their list so we can use it on mobile devices. Just an idea to improve the already awesome site!

Cheers.
  • ccushway likes this
"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." -- Sun Tzu
Posted Image

#2 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

I too use TapATalk from time to time (weaponevolution.com for example), it is a nice tool to offer.

Edited by DStevenson, 05 January 2013 - 01:53 PM.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#3 the1stshot

the1stshot

Landlubber

• Crew Member
  • 23 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

I use it for a few forums. It'd be a great addition for ITS.
Posted Image

#4 mikejulietpapa

mikejulietpapa

Salty Dog

• Life Member
  • 719 posts
  • LocationDE

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

I'll take a look but this new forum actually has a pretty decent (at least on the iPhone) mobile version. And the creators of the forum also made a dedicated iPhone app if you were interested in that.

Posted Image

#5 DStevenson

DStevenson

Salty Dog

• 1,869 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

After viewing the forums as MJP has suggested they do offer a very good mobile version.
This doesn't help those that don't have iPhones but it would be redundant in this case.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin

5399202523_bd1cb04e2e_o.png

#6 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I'll take a look but this new forum actually has a pretty decent (at least on the iPhone) mobile version. And the creators of the forum also made a dedicated iPhone app if you were interested in that.

Posted Image

Cool beans! Great recommendation on the creators stand alone app, "IPB Mobile." it works great! And free!

Thanks

J

#7 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

I've been very happy with the mobile version of the ITS forums. I haven't downloaded the app yet because the mobile site is so user friendly. Anyone using the app find the experience is improved over just using the mobile site?

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#8 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

I've been very happy with the mobile version of the ITS forums. I haven't downloaded the app yet because the mobile site is so user friendly. Anyone using the app find the experience is improved over just using the mobile site?

I did try the mobile site, it was user friendly too. I just didnt want to rely on safari as a web app. I am in a rural coverage area and my interwebs seem to load a bit slower on safari as the stand alone app. Try it out for a week, you may like it better... A reminder, The app is free.

J

#9 LongHaul

LongHaul

Life Member

• 750 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

J,

Thanks for the reply. I'll give the app a try and see. I was hesitant because of a few bad reviews in the AppStore.

15192964064_247b8d6ceb.jpg

artwork courtesy of a good friend on the forums!

#10 MCGUNNY2004

MCGUNNY2004

Landlubber

• Crew Leader
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:50 PM

Now we need an andriod version
"Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack." -- Sun Tzu
Posted Image

#11 iExpresso

iExpresso

Salty Dog

• Crew Leader
  • 307 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

I have been using the app, "IPB Mobile" and have it crash on my iPad (1st gen) every other day. I have to turn it off and on again to get it Workin. So, Ive added the forum shortcut on safari to home screen on the ipad. My iPhone 4 has no problems with "IPB Mobile." Anyone else having problems or is it just the 1st gen iPad?

Any alternatives?

Edited by jgnolen, 19 March 2013 - 10:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users